2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean in all of this, I’m surprised there isn’t more fume at Iwobi to be honest.

Told Everton he doesn’t want to sign a new deal and normally that would mean getting the pitchforks out.

Is this just where we’re at now? Acceptance that we can’t even retain our average players?

I mean in all of this, I’m surprised there isn’t more fume at Iwobi to be honest.

Told Everton he doesn’t want to sign a new deal and normally that would mean getting the pitchforks out.

Is this just where we’re at now? Acceptance that we can’t even retain our average players?

No it’s because most of us can’t wait to see the back of him.

That's not his role though. His best position is on the left of a 3 in midfield where he can move the ball into the final 3rd and give it to the forward players, he doesn't need goals and assists for it. This peculiar hate campaign that seems to exist from certain sections of our fanbase is just odd imo and just shows people to be stupid and that they don't understand his role. There is a reason his numbers are some of the best outside the top 6 and that's because he is a decent player despite what the Jurassic Park brigade on here think.

Can you explain why nobody in the world apart from Marco Silva’s Fulham want him? Are they all dinosaurs too that can’t see what our galaxy brain fans who look at spreadsheets to decide who’s a good player can see?

Twitter is a joke anyway, but I think this tweet summed up why.

The additional tweet calling everyone who disagrees an “idiot”, was icing on why it’s ridiculous.

Stats don’t tell the whole picture, look at what’s going on right in front of you.

He’s an okay player, who I think has under performed. No one cares about xG created, xA Assists and whatever, people care about the black and white. Is he good? Does he score? Does he assist?

“Progressive Passes”. Christ. When did football become whatever the hell it is lol

Those stats can be used as the basis to get upto 20 million even in his last year. But yes they are also deceiving. He has improved but goals is the most important stat for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.