2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all did because he was awful. Absolutely delighted to see him find his form and prove us all wrong.
It wasn't just that he was bad. He was bad on the ball in a way that left no room for hope that he would be anything than a bust.

Then Lampard shows up and works a proper miracle with him. Young players will be taking note - if you're a talented, struggling mid, find a way to force a move to Everton. If you're a promising mid, do the same.

We all did because he was awful. Absolutely delighted to see him find his form and prove us all wrong.
the training staff always did say he was one of the best players in training, now he is showing it in games. He is great, my Woolwich fan mate took the piss for ages over him but now he thinks I'm taking the piss back, but I'm really not, he is playing fantastically well.

Didn't he always say he was better down the middle yet was primarily used as a left winger by arsenal and by us? Including us playing him over 40 times as a right winger in like 100 appearances for us.

And we wonder why he struggled.

Happy to say I never wrote him off or had major problems with him.At worst there was periods where I just reckoned he didn’t have the character to rise above the mess of a club we have been and it affected anything he tried to do on the ball. Didn’t particular blame him for it.

To become one of the players who keeps us going and doesn’t stop working, whilst also showing that quality on the ball is a great turnaround and credit to player, manager and coaching team

If he can add a few goals this season, say 5/6 he will be the full package.

What an improvement. Really a credit to himself, unbelievable.

Really proud to see the adversity he faced from us and the character he required to turn around our views and his fortunes.

I really like Alex Iwobi. A good footballer but a better man!

Last edited:
It wasn't just that he was bad. He was bad on the ball in a way that left no room for hope that he would be anything than a bust.

Then Lampard shows up and works a proper miracle with him. Young players will be taking note - if you're a talented, struggling mid, find a way to force a move to Everton. If you're a promising mid, do the same.
Unless your name is Dele, as even Frank balked at that challenge.

Probably the biggest turn around of any footballer ive seen

12 months ago he wasn't wanted by 99.9% of the fanbase and we thought he wasnt even good enough to be a squad player never mind be in the team.
Now he is first name on the team sheet in his new role, again today he was brilliant.

Neat footwork
Great passing
Tireless work

Status
Not open for further replies.