2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how after our final transfer business is done, it seems that the only player that will keep his place in CM is Iwobi that never played there before Frank came in. Frank totally transformed him by seeing that that was the best position for him. From a donkey on the wing to a beast in CM ?

It now seems that he could play in any position and put in a top performance. True blue hero who we should make a tidy profit on.
Isn't it remarkable that we can make a profit on Alex though. My mates slated me for the ridiculous fee we paid for him and having watched him before Frank came in they were right. I never thought we'd be able to move him on as he was that poor.
Now, well I don't want to sell the man for any amount of money , love watching him play..
Credit to the manager he saw something that no manager had seen in Iwobi 's career.

Think he might be used in a more attacking role once our new midfielders have settled. Maybe the thought is that he is a better option than an overpriced panic buy (ironically).

Hope he can bring his form further up the pitch.

Think he might be used in a more attacking role once our new midfielders have settled. Maybe the thought is that he is a better option than an overpriced panic buy (ironically).

Hope he can bring his form further up the pitch.

Dug out this thread to say the exact same thing.

Even though he's doing incredible in his position right now, i think we might see him play more in the front three when DCL isn't playing.

I imagine we might see him, Gordon and Maupay when we aren't playing with a focus on crossing the ball into the box.

He doesn’t look scared to use his body anymore. As a result he looks much more comfortable in possession and puts a lot more of a shift in on the defensive side as well. Truly transformed. Think we need to get him some goals as well

Status
Not open for further replies.