2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more you think about the maupay deal the better it gets.....for brighton
I think he is another player not being used properly by Everton. He is not a lone striker. It’s not his game, he needs players around him. Iwobi improved when played in his best position. McNeill prefers to play centrally too.

I think he is another player not being used properly by Everton. He is not a lone striker. It’s not his game, he needs players around him. Iwobi improved when played in his best position. McNeill prefers to play centrally too.
Lampard can't be using the players right, hopefully he has learned over the Wotld Cup a few thing, no excuses

Appreciate it’s a different level, but he’s said himself his best goal return was at Brentford as a lone striker. So it’s not like he can’t do it, but it’s the type of lone striker we tend to employ - ie a large unit predominantly to hold the ball up and score from headers.
Bit like when we signed Andy Johnson, scored 20 goals for Palace (don’t start on the penalties line) but was considerably less proficient for us because Moyes insisted on knocking the ball in to corner flags for him to chase after and pump the ball in for Cahill.
Maupay is no superstar or potential golden boot winner, but we certainly don’t play to his strengths, so I agree he’s not being used correctly but not necessarily due to the lone striker thing.

Appreciate it’s a different level, but he’s said himself his best goal return was at Brentford as a lone striker. So it’s not like he can’t do it, but it’s the type of lone striker we tend to employ - ie a large unit predominantly to hold the ball up and score from headers.
Bit like when we signed Andy Johnson, scored 20 goals for Palace (don’t start on the penalties line) but was considerably less proficient for us because Moyes insisted on knocking the ball in to corner flags for him to chase after and pump the ball in for Cahill.
Maupay is no superstar or potential golden boot winner, but we certainly don’t play to his strengths, so I agree he’s not being used correctly but not necessarily due to the lone striker thing.
Fair enough, that’s just my observation. He is not a target man, and that is how we use our striker. It leaves us toothless when he plays. if he did well at Brentford as a loan forward, how did they get the best out of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.