2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like we have stumbled on something with him in a more defensive and controlled role. Could be the battler in the middle of the parks we have been crying out for.

I think his winner in injury time when we were down to 10 men was the biggest moment in our survival push. Take away those 2 points and we are still vulnerable on Sunday.
I think that goal was more then just those points we won, it gave us belief, ok we lost the next three games, but we did have some belief and conviction still, if we lost that Newcastle game i think we would of threw our hands in then and never recovered.

Dont know what his best position in the centre actually is.

He can play a forward pass but not consistently enough.

Likewise he can be busy/press the opposition but not defensively as solid as a Gana/Ndidi type destroyer.

Feel like its between him and Doucoure for the water carrier role next season if we go with a midfield 3 with a Natural Defensive CM and a creative CM brought in (or Alli played in that creative role).

Been my MOTM for most of these recent games to be honest. I'm shocked but his work rate combined with his calmness on the ball means he's been so far above most of his teammates. I wonder what message got through to him to put it all together, but long may it continue. Cheers to Iwobi.

I've given him the last 2 motm awards, Pickford earned the 2 before that and I think I gave Mykolenko about 5 or 6 on the spin before that. I'd say them 3 have been the most consistent performers during the run in (though I think Mykolenko has had a couple of poor games recently but he's coming along nicely)

Out of all the players capable of turning their Everton career around, he would have been bottom of the list 3 months ago.

Yet here we are, 14/15 games later and I ask myself if he's dropped below a 7/10 performance since then.

Mr Consistant, energetic, disciplined, tactically has took instructions on board, scored the vital winner against Newcastle, put in an incredible shift against Utd, has set the tone for others to press, done a brilliant job at RWB

I don't know what the future holds for him, but he's one of a very few bunch who I'd like to say well done Alex, you've earned your break.
I would say the opposite. Out of all the players we have, he had the tools to be much better than he was at both Everton and Arsenal. As his teammates have said countless times he is incredible in practice so it’s a matter of putting that into practice during games.

Personally when a player struggles mentally for as long as he has, I have serious doubts. Sometimes it is a matter of finding the right guy that can motivate you or get your head on straight. I think it’s safe to say he has taken to Frank

I've given him the last 2 motm awards, Pickford earned the 2 before that and I think I gave Mykolenko about 5 or 6 on the spin before that. I'd say them 3 have been the most consistent performers during the run in (though I think Mykolenko has had a couple of poor games recently but he's coming along nicely)
Agree with all that - we've had some players step up big time under Frank and most have been not at all who I would have guessed, bar Pickford and Richarlison

Poor today. Tried but a lot of misplaced passes and was turned inside out a fair bit. Still considering the effort and schedule he can have a bad day. Let's have more of the good stuff next season please Wobes.

Status
Not open for further replies.