2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is astonishing, I remember watching him in h the e 1st half against Leeds running but never quite ever making a challenge. Going through the motions and I said to my mate, “that’s why he shouldn’t play for us”. The following half he was like a man possessed. Winning 40/60s on the ball. I was bewildered wondering what the hell Frank had said to him. Since then he has been 100% better even when he’s had to wait and come off the bench. I’m absolutely made up for the lad.

Out of all the players capable of turning their Everton career around, he would have been bottom of the list 3 months ago.

Yet here we are, 14/15 games later and I ask myself if he's dropped below a 7/10 performance since then.

Mr Consistant, energetic, disciplined, tactically has took instructions on board, scored the vital winner against Newcastle, put in an incredible shift against Utd, has set the tone for others to press, done a brilliant job at RWB

I don't know what the future holds for him, but he's one of a very few bunch who I'd like to say well done Alex, you've earned your break.

There have been a few others like Pickford and Richarlison who came to our rescue this last couple of months but Iwobi's transformation has been the most pleasing for me. He has given his all since March and I hope he can put his awful spell before that behind him because when he wants it, he has the attributes to be a crucial player for us. Unbelievable athletic ability and actually has a surprising bit of quality in certain aspects of his game, which do make up for a number of limitations he admittedly has.

Good on him for finally doing what he's paid very well to do, putting in a bit of effort and playing for the shirt. All we ever asked Alex, work hard and we'll support you. I won't forget all that came before though, he has to maintain it now.

I posted in the Moshiri thread that maybe Farhad is saying I told you so.

Is there a chance….. maybe… that Iwobi could….. turn out to be worth the money??!???

Status
Not open for further replies.