2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he had that first really strong game vs. Leeds, everybody was extremely skeptical, and rightfully so. And although he has had a couple of only OKish games since then, over the last 14 games, he's been very good in probably 10 of them, but bringing effort and physicality in all while playing multiple roles. Plus he played 90 minutes the last 11 league fixtures, with 88 minutes the game before that.

If he just keeps playing exactly like this next year, as a durable, aggressive, and productive center mid who can help on the right side when needed, that would be massively valuable to the club. Players who can consistently do what he's done the past three months at the Premier League level are generally going to cost you more than 27 million.

When he had that first really strong game vs. Leeds, everybody was extremely skeptical, and rightfully so. And although he has had a couple of only OKish games since then, over the last 14 games, he's been very good in probably 10 of them, but bringing effort and physicality in all while playing multiple roles. Plus he played 90 minutes the last 11 league fixtures, with 88 minutes the game before that.

If he just keeps playing exactly like this next year, as a durable, aggressive, and productive center mid who can help on the right side when needed, that would be massively valuable to the club. Players who can consistently do what he's done the past three months at the Premier League level are generally going to cost you more than 27 million.
Somehow or other he is playing like a senior player. Perhaps he now believes in himself., Something in him has changed for the better.

I ripped him to shreds, I called him every name under the sun, I even called a taxi for him.

I take it back........ When it came down to the fight he was up for it. What a change, what an important player he has been. Bravo Alex lad!
Wobes was a player with a price tag who got fair stick. Many blues, myself included would hope week after week to see him show some desire for what it means to wear the blue shirt. Honestly since Lampard has come in it's night and day. Genuinely seems to care for the club and doesn't stop running. Made up for him.

Wobes was a player with a price tag who got fair stick. Many blues, myself included would hope week after week to see him show some desire for what it means to wear the blue shirt. Honestly since Lampard has come in it's night and day. Genuinely seems to care for the club and doesn't stop running. Made up for him.
Agree mate. Frank ignited something in him. Fair play to Alex for showing what he can do.

He has stood up to be counted. Fair play to him. Absolutely wonderful turn around, not just in one or two but has been the best player under Lampard. His confidence is there, you could see that tonight. Sharp on the ball, good touches, working hard.

Congratulations to him.I have been very very critical of him but he has really turned his career around.

Status
Not open for further replies.