2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on mate. He left everything on that pitch. I thought he was great and I've been his biggest critic.

When he ran 40 yards across the park to press and the crowd rightly applauded it.
This should be the standard of effort put in by him tho , I don’t break open a bottle of Champaign and hand the bin man a cigar everytime he empties my bin. As a man that gets paid a fortune every week, working hard and fighting should have been what he has been doing for years but he hasn’t been

Iwobi was superb today.
He was integral to us not allowing Leeds time on the ball and keeping us on the front foot.
Excellent performance and if Lampard can continue to coach performances like this out of the lad he may finally realise the potential he has always had.
My man of the match without question.

I so WANT to love Iwobi. He's become my sentimental favorite and hate object at the same time.
I know he will be tepid at best the next match. If he matches today I may begin to think better
of Franky L. Time will tell.

Maybe an arm around the shoulder and a bit of encouragement can go a long way.

Loved how Seamus gave him a moment at the end of the game.
Captain moment. Woes hasn't seemed to care in the past and that's been a massive issue. Today he cared and showed bottle. We aren't asking for miracles as blues. Just show some bottle and he did today. I'm made up as I've been desperate for Iwobi to push himself.

It has to be the 'Frank' factor (and his entire team of internationally recognised coaches) when they say, 'you can do this son, and they demonstrate just what it is they want him to do, then he does it in training and starts to believe in himself and his ability to do it regularly, well then you have the winning formula. Yesterday was that self belief on display, just like it was against Brentford. On both occasions they did have the 'safety blanket' of a roaring full house onside, they are all all ingredients available to all would be cooks, but Frank seems to know just how to blend those ingredients, and is showing he might be a four star Michelin chef in the making. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.