2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did alright in parts today. But he’s starting from such a low level he could hardly do anything else. A bit like Gomes. He plays the odd good game and lads are creaming themselves.
Come on mate. He left everything on that pitch. I thought he was great and I've been his biggest critic.

When he ran 40 yards across the park to press and the crowd rightly applauded it.

Yeah tbh it isnt just iwobi. Though he has been by far the worst for it. Its all of them. And Everton fans need to get away from this oh you've turned up for the first time in we dont know how long. You are briiliant. You are class. We are going places...Zzzzz.
I'm quietly hoping this is what a serial winner as a player lampard will stamp out of them. You cant just turn up now and then. Make 1 win into 2, make 2 wins into 3...and as Everton fans. I dont expect to win all the time. But at least be at it. Show hunger for consistent levels.
Exactly. Being "on it" should be a prerequisite.

He did alright in parts today. But he’s starting from such a low level he could hardly do anything else. A bit like Gomes. He plays the odd good game and lads are creaming themselves.
I’m his biggest critic but credit where it’s due. It was better than he did alright in parts. He constantly harried and pressed and used the ball intelligently. But he HAS to maintain this workrate and level of effort to win the fans over.

As Lampard says here, you do get the impression he's one of those "great in training" guys. His teammates seem to really rate him and root for him, and every manager that comes in always wants to give him a shot to take that to matches. I know it's never happened for him yet but with a shot of confidence from Lampard and a couple more performances like that to win the fans over, you never know.
Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 18.05.08.png

Like Benitez and Carlo before Lampard. They see something in him to play him for a few games. Then he puts in some dire performances. Can’t fault him today he was brilliant but he is so inconsistent.

I hope he's getting some love directed at him on social media, dudes been the whipping boy for our fans for a long time and he's clearly aware of it hence Townsend and Coleman showing love to him today and against Brentford.

Please maintain this level... or even just close to it would be great.

I’m his biggest critic but credit where it’s due. It was better than he did alright in parts. He constantly harried and pressed and used the ball intelligently. But he HAS to maintain this workrate and level of effort to win the fans over.

Sound as a pound was the lad today, here is to hope!

As Lampard says here, you do get the impression he's one of those "great in training" guys. His teammates seem to really rate him and root for him, and every manager that comes in always wants to give him a shot to take that to matches. I know it's never happened for him yet but with a shot of confidence from Lampard and a couple more performances like that to win the fans over, you never know.
View attachment 155733
He seems to be his own worst enemy though. Head drops if it doesn't go quite right for him, or doesn't maintain the level he can. Maybe Lampard is the man to get the best out of him consistently. Maybe it'll be another false dawn. For the money we paid it'd be marvellous if we got a return on the field that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.