2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, what happened then?

Heads should roll if anyone from this club made this signing because of stats.
Two eyes in your head is all you needed.
Biggest crime of all is before he even set foot into this club you knew he had the heart the size of a pea. Any decent or even half decent recruitment set up wouldnt have touched him.
We are a joke.

I'd get rid of a ton of what we have right now, but this guy would have to be first. I can't fathom what anyone a) saw in him to sign him in the first place, or b) see's in him now to keep playing him. The man is a mouse, without testes of any description. That he plays for our club, sickens me.

Find this free use of this analogy to be a bit unsavory. Seen someone suggest it of the whole squad this week. I know it is tense but a little decorum maybe?
It's dark humour. I apologies if you feel it's unsavoury. I'll happily stop as and when Alex shows the correct decorum on the pitch - e.g. resemble a footballer.

In all my years, there's few players who've frustrated me as much as him, and I've watched us play with some dross over the years.

It's dark humour. I apologies if you feel it's unsavoury. I'll happily stop as and when Alex shows the correct decorum on the pitch - e.g. resemble a footballer.

In all my years, there's few players who've frustrated me as much as him, and I've watched us play with some dross over the years.
Our fans are frustrated. I'm frustrated. I feel like some of it is getting close to crossing the line. The environment is very toxic.

Our fans are frustrated. I'm frustrated. I feel like some of it is getting close to crossing the line. The environment is very toxic.
They are frustrated and it is toxic, I totally agree. I also get why some many feel such a comment is in poor taste, but that's dark, scouse humour.

In reality, it's mild and light-hearted jibe while trying to portray an honest belief that he's not good enough; I don't think most comments are meant literally.

The point still stands that, regardless of the current environment, for many fans he's one of the most frustrating players they've seen play in the royal blue.

I know when I speak to people at the match on Wednesday there'll be little (well, let's be fair - any) sympathy or support for him, and that's for a reason.

And I'm not talking about only scallies or children, but some level-headed people and intelligent people; it's nigh on universal despair.

Usually, I'm a person who gives the benefit of the doubt and I try and get behind our players. Iwobi, I sadly can't as he's not offering us anything in return.

256F1731-FE48-41C6-9BB0-9833577A5765.jpeg

They are frustrated and it is toxic, I totally agree. I also get why some many feel such a comment is in poor taste, but that's dark, scouse humour.

In reality, it's mild and light-hearted jibe while trying to portray an honest belief that he's not good enough; I don't think most comments are meant literally.

The point still stands that, regardless of the current environment, for many fans he's one of the most frustrating players they've seen play in the royal blue.

I know when I speak to people at the match on Wednesday there'll be little (well, let's be fair - any) sympathy or support for him, and that's for a reason.

And I'm not talking about only scallies or children, but some level-headed people and intelligent people; it's nigh on universal despair.

Usually, I'm a person who gives the benefit of the doubt and I try and get behind our players. Iwobi, I sadly can't as he's not offering us anything in return.

Iwobie is one player who frustrates me as well. He frustrated me all last season when I believed Bernard was the much better alternative.
But I think he gets so much extra flak because of the kind of frustration he provokes, as when he does mess up it's usually after finding himself in a great position (having done well), when you are on your feet, with a chance on goal or to play a final cross or through-ball! All you can do is howl and sink back down again.
I do believe there is a good player in there, I think he just has no composure or confidence when it matters.

I don't hate him, but I think @PhilM and @Wolf8312 nail it in that he's madly frustrating. I just get feeling it's one of those signings where he and the club just don't click. He may find a happier home and form elsewhere. For all involved it's probably for the best.

What is frustrating too is that it's another loss financially as we won't get a good sell on for him, unless there's someone properly stupid out there.

I don't hate him, but I think @PhilM and @Wolf8312 nail it in that he's madly frustrating. I just get feeling it's one of those signings where he and the club just don't click. He may find a happier home and form elsewhere. For all involved it's probably for the best.

What is frustrating too is that it's another loss financially as we won't get a good sell on for him, unless there's someone properly stupid out there.
I'm the same about Iwobi, i don't him hate but he's just pure crap at football.

Status
Not open for further replies.