2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a few like DCL Gordon Godfrey Docuoure who I think work on their game to improve it. Probably Pickford also in fairness after that massive dip in form he had. The rest I just don’t see it. Even Richarlison is nowhere near the player who started on his debut against Wolves and did that Henry finish first time like it was nothing to him. I wouldn’t put a single pound on him doing that in the same position now.

Digne massive regression
Davies huge regression
Iwobi getting worse
Gomes regressed hugely (could be the injury)
Keane is not the player he was in Carlo’s first half season
Holgate massive slump
Even Townsend looks worse and he’s only been here a few months
You think they’ve gone backwards because you’re comparing their normal level to the best you’ve ever seen them play so you could come to the same conclusion doing that for any player in the world. Players like Holgate and Davies just aren’t very good and never have been so them having a good spell every now and again doesn’t and never did change that.

Iwobi can Feck right off, worst player ever to wear the shirt. I hate watching him prancing around doing feck all. He doesn’t close down, doesn’t chase the ball when he’s lost it just waves his crab arms in the air and offers nothing going forward. Surely one of the kids offers more than this fake.

You think they’ve gone backwards because you’re comparing their normal level to the best you’ve ever seen them play so you could come to the same conclusion doing that for any player in the world. Players like Holgate and Davies just aren’t very good and never have been so them having a good spell every now and again doesn’t and never did change that.

Both were talked about as potential England players and figure Everton captains when they first started. You can’t tell me they haven’t regressed to the point that now no one even wants them in the squad.

Both were talked about as potential England players and figure Everton captains when they first started. You can’t tell me they haven’t regressed to the point that now no one even wants them in the squad.
Of course they were because people get massively overexcited by half decent young players all the time. Nobody in the wider world thinks those players have gone backwards just the same people on here who are calling gray the signing of the century after half a dozen good games.

As poor as he's been and he's been very poor, he was one of only a couple of players yesterday who played reasonably well. He rarely wasted a ball (which I think the stats will back up), he made a lot of decent runs and he tried to be positive when he got the ball, I certainly don't think he hid.

He didn't do his own personal cause any harm although obviously we aren't judging this rationally now.

Representative of everything wrong with Everton.
This. I find it difficult to express to my non blue mates the scale of problems at our club and have lately just been using the Iwobi transfer as a quick example.

I remember people on here saying he was absolute gash, not just a couple but like 70% of people strongly against the deal. Yet our DoF went ahead and slapped 35mil on the table for him. FAILURE at every level.

This. I find it difficult to express to my non blue mates the scale of problems at our club and have lately just been using the Iwobi transfer as a quick example.

I remember people on here saying he was absolute gash, not just a couple but like 70% of people strongly against the deal. Yet our DoF went ahead and slapped 35mil on the table for him. FAILURE at every level.
More than 70%

Yet to meet a blue who genuinely wanted the prick… Forum contrarians/wannabe-hipsters aside of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.