2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you’d think that with penalties being a possibility Benitez would’ve had his list for the whole squad best to worst realistically and tbf the first load all scored.
I’d probably put Iwobi not taking a pen down to him being a poor striker of a football rather than his own bottle.
Yeah it's exactly that for me. Didn't people try to do this with Grealish this summer too?

Iwobi? You like Iwobi as in you think he’s worthy of a place in the team and is a positive contributor / plays well?

what do you like about him?

Well no, i just said i like him.

I just have goodwill towards him and would like him to succeed.

Of course I'd like all Everton players to succeed but i dont like some of them one bit.

Everyone needs a player who's a bit crap but they like. Unfortunately this one cost the annual economy of a very small country.

I’m not like Crab at all; at least not in the homesickness stakes. Crab suffers crippling afflictions of homesickness (aka Potty Syndrome). When Crab pines for Abuja, there is a disconnect between his brain and feet which manifests itself as a very slow sideways shuffle. Everton has had a lot of players with similar psychosomatic disposition (with regard to pining for their own personal home...obviously not Abuja...which is Crab’s)
Reluctant had it, Snail, Wisdom, SV, ...they all suffered terribly.
But I have never felt homesick. I believe a bloke should toughen up when he’s out in the world and not be blubbering for his mummy like a big girl’s blouse.
But then again, I do not get paid 50k a week to wring my hands and be tearful. If someone said ‘Hank, I will pay you 50k a week to be useless at football, but cry your eyes out all the time” , I probably might...50k a week is a lot of remuneration for being a sissy.

I'm not one of those mad people who think I can do a better job than professional managers, scouts etc. They're paid for a reason, they've shown at least a degree of proven aptitude in their field and I haven't.

However, like most people who are fans of the sport, I can tell when a player is generally good or bad. I can't always make out the little differences in footballers in terms of judging potential - like I had no clue DCL would end up as good as he is etc. but, generally, if I'm watching football I can tell a good player from a bad one fairly easily.

So you can imagine my astonishment and dismay when, after watching Alex Iwobi many times at Arsenal and considering him one of the luckiest footballers alive to have a career in a top European league, Everton decide to throw nearly £30m at Arsenal for him in a blatant panic buy.

I'd have understood if this was someone with potential who'd lost his way - an Anthony Martial perhaps. Or even a random one from abroad like Davy Klaassen, where your scouts have just made a mistake on a players suitability for the league.

But no matter what way I look at Alex Iwobi, I will never, ever understand how the footballing professionals at Everton looked at him playing football - in the same league at a stronger club, offering precisely nothing his entire career thus far - and thought, yes, £28m is a fee we're willing to pay for him to play at Goodison Park. It's one of the most incredible transfers you'll ever see, and if you weren't generally aware of how incompetent our club is, you'd assume there was some shady shenaningans involved in this deal, because it makes absolutely no sense.

I don't hate Alex Iwobi. I don't generally hate anyone who takes advantage of our stupidity - good on them, not their fault we're morons. But my word he is truly terrible at football, to the point where I genuinely think he'd struggle to get regular football on merit a few divisions below us.

Sigurdsson is the all time worst Everton signing. Iwobi has to be a strong contender for the number two slot. It's a transfer so bad that it has me nearly convinced I - or pretty much any of you - would be better at being a Director of Football in the transfer market than Marcel Brands. You can count the amount of people on here who'd have paid £28m for Iwobi on one hand, if not one finger, yet the man we employ for our transfer strategy did it. It boggles the mind.

I’m not like Crab at all; at least not in the homesickness stakes. Crab suffers crippling afflictions of homesickness (aka Potty Syndrome). When Crab pines for Abuja, there is a disconnect between his brain and feet which manifests itself as a very slow sideways shuffle. Everton has had a lot of players with similar psychosomatic disposition (with regard to pining for their own personal home...obviously not Abuja...which is Crab’s)
Reluctant had it, Snail, Wisdom, SV, ...they all suffered terribly.
But I have never felt homesick. I believe a bloke should toughen up when he’s out in the world and not be blubbering for his mummy like a big girl’s blouse.
But then again, I do not get paid 50k a week to wring my hands and be tearful. If someone said ‘Hank, I will pay you 50k a week to be useless at football, but cry your eyes out all the time” , I probably might...50k a week is a lot of remuneration for being a sissy.
Quick someone get me an ENIGMA machine

I'm not one of those mad people who think I can do a better job than professional managers, scouts etc. They're paid for a reason, they've shown at least a degree of proven aptitude in their field and I haven't.

However, like most people who are fans of the sport, I can tell when a player is generally good or bad. I can't always make out the little differences in footballers in terms of judging potential - like I had no clue DCL would end up as good as he is etc. but, generally, if I'm watching football I can tell a good player from a bad one fairly easily.

So you can imagine my astonishment and dismay when, after watching Alex Iwobi many times at Arsenal and considering him one of the luckiest footballers alive to have a career in a top European league, Everton decide to throw nearly £30m at Arsenal for him in a blatant panic buy.

I'd have understood if this was someone with potential who'd lost his way - an Anthony Martial perhaps. Or even a random one from abroad like Davy Klaassen, where your scouts have just made a mistake on a players suitability for the league.

But no matter what way I look at Alex Iwobi, I will never, ever understand how the footballing professionals at Everton looked at him playing football - in the same league at a stronger club, offering precisely nothing his entire career thus far - and thought, yes, £28m is a fee we're willing to pay for him to play at Goodison Park. It's one of the most incredible transfers you'll ever see, and if you weren't generally aware of how incompetent our club is, you'd assume there was some shady shenaningans involved in this deal, because it makes absolutely no sense.

I don't hate Alex Iwobi. I don't generally hate anyone who takes advantage of our stupidity - good on them, not their fault we're morons. But my word he is truly terrible at football, to the point where I genuinely think he'd struggle to get regular football on merit a few divisions below us.

Sigurdsson is the all time worst Everton signing. Iwobi has to be a strong contender for the number two slot. It's a transfer so bad that it has me nearly convinced I - or pretty much any of you - would be better at being a Director of Football in the transfer market than Marcel Brands. You can count the amount of people on here who'd have paid £28m for Iwobi on one hand, if not one finger, yet the man we employ for our transfer strategy did it. It boggles the mind.
Wow how I hate him. I hate him so, so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.