2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. This why is I still hold hope (most probably, foolishly)
He's honestly been pretty much fine this year. He's only started three games and I don't think he's been terrible in any save for the first 15 to 20 minutes today and he made a pretty important contribution off the bench against Saints. It is almost a guarantee he's starting Saturday and he'll probably do ok again but the price and the sentiment around him is what it is and unless he's near perfect we get the reactions we get.

He never looks like scoring or assisting. Neat and tidy but we need more. Has no confidence and is scared to make decisions.

He wanted a chance at number 10 now here it is. He'll start Saturday against Norwich and will have Gray out wide instead of Gordon and Allan and Doucoure behind for support. Apart from not having DCL and Richarlison he will be surrounded by stronger players so he will have no excuse. The opposition aren't exactly the best so he should be running the game.

He's honestly been pretty much fine this year. He's only started three games and I don't think he's been terrible in any save for the first 15 to 20 minutes today and he made a pretty important contribution off the bench against Saints. It is almost a guarantee he's starting Saturday and he'll probably do ok again but the price and the sentiment around him is what it is and unless he's near perfect we get the reactions we get.

Would rather give Gordon minutes.

It's not like Wobes contributes and also won't be showing anything new.

Worst ever signing.

He doesn't even make the top (bottom?) 10, but I'll agree that he's been a poor signing

I was vaguely hopeful he might be turning it around based on some of the appearances he's had this season, but last night was largely awful and back to square one

He doesn't even make the top (bottom?) 10, but I'll agree that he's been a poor signing

I was vaguely hopeful he might be turning it around based on some of the appearances he's had this season, but last night was largely awful and back to square one

Reel off 10 worse signings?
Im genuinely intrigued.

…wow, I presume you were on the pitch to confirm this. I actually wondered why he didn’t take one, thanks for confirming.
Yeah you’d think that with penalties being a possibility Benitez would’ve had his list for the whole squad best to worst realistically and tbf the first load all scored.
I’d probably put Iwobi not taking a pen down to him being a poor striker of a football rather than his own bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.