2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who is an Arsenal fan, told me Iwobi is real slow for a winger and we overpaid for him when we signed him few seasons back.
Brands tend to sign slow players for wingers.

I think Iwobi was a panic buy but even then, Brands couldn't get the position right. I recalled Marco Silva requested for a right winger (that was the position we lacked) and we got Iwobi who played predominantly on the left for Arsenal. I mean, just because he can play there doesn't mean it's his best position.
And then, we went on without a proper right side winger until this season. Maybe our RB issue is Brands thought he signed a RB in Ben Godfrey. lollol
Would not surprise me in the least. I like Ben and think he has a BIG future, but his main appeal is that he can play multiple positions in a pinch and be the future CB. His appeal most certainly IS NOT as a future starting right back. He can play there if needs must and do a job defensively, but we need to fill that position with an actual RB

Been doing abit of reading on Kia Joorabchian, who 100% has Moshiri's ear after a few Athletic articles.

Just to point out David Luiz signed for Arsenal the same day we signed Iwobi from Arsenal!

'Joorabchian spent last summer urging Stan Kroenke to release finances to improve the squad. He may merely have been speaking as a supporter, but as someone who has recently brokered transfers with the club, there’s a good chance he will also benefit from any uptick in Arsenal’s transfer business.'

Is an interesting passage! Noting Arsenal also signed Cedric Soares in January (Joorabchian's client also).

'But while Luiz has become the great unifier of Premier League supporters in need of a little light relief, there is something a little more serious at play here. According to a recent report in The Athletic, the defender’s 12-month Arsenal contract will cost the club £24m.

An £8m transfer bargain loses its shine when the wages and intermediaries’ fees total £16m. Remember to look underneath the pasta, to borrow Alex Ferguson’s famous phrase.'

So Arsenal had to fork out about £24m on Luiz on the 8th August 2019, the same day we paid Arsenal about £28million for Alex Iwobi.

Smells very fishy that! Joorabchian touts Luiz to Arsenal, Arsenal can't afford him, Joorabchian recomends Iwobi to Moshiri and tells him he's availible, we sign Iwobi, Arsenal sign Joorabchian's client Luiz, Joorachian gets a huge fee!

Always had reservations on why we paid so much for Iwobi, especially with Moshiri's past links to Arsenal, but surely that explains it!

Been doing abit of reading on Kia Joorabchian, who 100% has Moshiri's ear after a few Athletic articles.

Just to point out David Luiz signed for Arsenal the same day we signed Iwobi from Arsenal!

'Joorabchian spent last summer urging Stan Kroenke to release finances to improve the squad. He may merely have been speaking as a supporter, but as someone who has recently brokered transfers with the club, there’s a good chance he will also benefit from any uptick in Arsenal’s transfer business.'

Is an interesting passage! Noting Arsenal also signed Cedric Soares in January (Joorabchian's client also).

'But while Luiz has become the great unifier of Premier League supporters in need of a little light relief, there is something a little more serious at play here. According to a recent report in The Athletic, the defender’s 12-month Arsenal contract will cost the club £24m.

An £8m transfer bargain loses its shine when the wages and intermediaries’ fees total £16m. Remember to look underneath the pasta, to borrow Alex Ferguson’s famous phrase.'

So Arsenal had to fork out about £24m on Luiz on the 8th August 2019, the same day we paid Arsenal about £28million for Alex Iwobi.

Smells very fishy that! Joorabchian touts Luiz to Arsenal, Arsenal can't afford him, Joorabchian recomends Iwobi to Moshiri and tells him he's availible, we sign Iwobi, Arsenal sign Joorabchian's client Luiz, Joorachian gets a huge fee!

Always had reservations on why we paid so much for Iwobi, especially with Moshiri's past links to Arsenal, but surely that explains it!
I have been saying about Joorabchin for ages, he is bad news and has some strange views on the game. Moshiri really needs to bin him off.

Like Sandro that, we pay a £5m fee which at the time looked like a bargain and a gamble well worth taking then some bellend at the club decides to put him on massive wages.

If you've got an Athletic subscription there's an article about Reading that involves Joorabchian quite a bit. Worth a read.

Not sure West Ham fans would agree with that getting to see Tevez and Mascherano strut their stuff whilst keeping them from relegation!
I'm only interested in what happens to us not West Ham tbh, and Joorabchin is bad news mate, he is Moshiri's 'advisor' and I have no doubt that a number of our dodgy signings in recent years have come via him, just go look at his client list these days it's woeful.

I'm only interested in what happens to us not West Ham tbh, and Joorabchin is bad news mate, he is Moshiri's 'advisor' and I have no doubt that a number of our dodgy signings in recent years have come via him, just go look at his client list these days it's woeful.
This is the nail on the head; the Iwobi signing was just left of the field it didn’t make any sense.

It makes perfect sense to me that he has organised this transfer himself, it also fits into story of Everton having 3 people dealing with transfers and agents not knowing who is dealing with who

Follow up on my reading, he was also an ;'advisor' at West Ham when Eggert Magnusson took over and blamed Curbishley when it all went wrong over signings that have his fingerprints all over.

I've also read an article from Tony Fernanded the guy who took over QPR around 2013, who claims he was naive and gullible when coming into football. With a bit of research Joorabchin also was advising Fernandes on transfer dealings including buying two of Chelsea's top earners (Bosingwa & Tal Ben Haim) which opened up funds for Chelsea to sign his client Willian (basically the same route as the Iwobi to us frees up funds for his client David Luiz to get a move to Arsenal.
There are also several over paid, 'last pay day players' QPR signed in that short era of a similar pattern to West Ham a few years before who Joorabchin dosent necesarilly represent but heavily involved in the deals, the likes of Yossi Benayoun (both West Ham & QPR), Ryan Nelson, Kieran Dyer (both West Ham & QPR), Bellamy Rob Green (both West Ham & QPR), Bosingwa, Ben Haim, Junior Hoilett (who is now at Reading, were again Joorabchin is involved), Loic Remy etc etc

He stinks of praying on possible gullible new owners who haven't been around the game at all to leach off them to help him finance deals of clients at his company too some of the bigger clubs like Chelsea (Willian, Luiz etc), City, even there are suggestions of it at Liverpool (WEst Ham buying Bellamy off the reds to finance Liverpool buying his client Mascherano)

He stinks of praying on possible gullible new owners who haven't been around the game at all to leach off them to help him finance deals of clients at his company too some of the bigger clubs like Chelsea (Willian, Luiz etc), City, even there are suggestions of it at Liverpool (WEst Ham buying Bellamy off the reds to finance Liverpool buying his client Mascherano)

In general, it's bad to take advice on how to run your business from someone with a clear financial conflict of interest. Baseball owners don't buddy up to Scott Boras. They recognize him for the hardline negotiator that he is.

Follow up on my reading, he was also an ;'advisor' at West Ham when Eggert Magnusson took over and blamed Curbishley when it all went wrong over signings that have his fingerprints all over.

I've also read an article from Tony Fernanded the guy who took over QPR around 2013, who claims he was naive and gullible when coming into football. With a bit of research Joorabchin also was advising Fernandes on transfer dealings including buying two of Chelsea's top earners (Bosingwa & Tal Ben Haim) which opened up funds for Chelsea to sign his client Willian (basically the same route as the Iwobi to us frees up funds for his client David Luiz to get a move to Arsenal.
There are also several over paid, 'last pay day players' QPR signed in that short era of a similar pattern to West Ham a few years before who Joorabchin dosent necesarilly represent but heavily involved in the deals, the likes of Yossi Benayoun (both West Ham & QPR), Ryan Nelson, Kieran Dyer (both West Ham & QPR), Bellamy Rob Green (both West Ham & QPR), Bosingwa, Ben Haim, Junior Hoilett (who is now at Reading, were again Joorabchin is involved), Loic Remy etc etc

Personally think thats the route Newcastle are going to go down to sign name players.

Tbh Kia J hasn't really been linked with us other than lazy journalism as he's Iranian and so is Mosh Man.

He's largely involved in Arsenal though think he's had a hand in a few of their recent signings. Sadly it happens look at Mendes and Wolves.

Super agents play a big part in modern day football for better or worse.

Just look at the value for money, though. Holgate a few million, probably average out 30/40k a week over his contract. Rondon free, probably 50k a week over 2 years. Iwobi, 30m and in all likelihood around 80k a week over 5 years. Utterly disgusting.

Bolasie was worse. Scored less, played less, cost roughly the same, on 75k a week and we got no sell on fee… absolute disaster of a signing on every level

Status
Not open for further replies.