2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it a bit weird that people are acting like this is the first time he's been good this season. I actually think the bad showings are the rarer ones.
I'm not his biggest fan generally speaking but I agree with you here. With the exception of Southampton when he was awful, he's been pretty good this season. Not necessarily anything to write home about, but certainly decent enough.

He was good first half. Was diabolical when under pressure in the second - kept giving it away.

I think people are saying he was fantastic simply because he was coming from such low levels of baseline performance.

And here's the thing - no matter how good he was today, he'll be crap next game, so it doesn't matter.
Did he. Must have gone to make a cup of tea at these times. Yes he gave the ball away a couple of times in the second half when under pressure -- but who didn't? He also in the second half retained his composure to relieve the pressure on a number of occasions, linking with others to break from near our area to advance into the Fulham half.

Did he. Must have gone to make a cup of tea at these times. Yes he gave the ball away a couple of times in the second half when under pressure -- but who didn't? He also in the second half retained his composure to relieve the pressure on a number of occasions, linking with others to break from near our area to advance into the Fulham half.

Just kept thumping balls to no one. Wasn't all his fault of course but he was still a part of that side that couldn't get out of our own half.

Digne didn't do it as much on the other side.

He does 1 good thing every three or four matches. He’s not good enough and we go through this cycle every month.

Player of the season incoming for me Jimmy, vault me end of season!

I've come to the conclusion he's been visited by aliens who explained to him the basics of togger, prodded a togger chip into his barnet and that's why we saw the improved 1st half performance.

If he follows it up with a similar performance on Saturday then my explanation can be the only plausible reason.

Iwobi will end up with
14 assists
8 assists to the assister
7 league goals
4 Cup goals

Evertons player of the season and PFA players player of the season and Vulcan V1 (the planet where the aliens came from) player of the season as well.

Player of the season incoming for me Jimmy, vault me end of season!

I've come to the conclusion he's been visited by aliens who explained to him the basics of togger, prodded a togger chip into his barnet and that's why we saw the improved 1st half performance.

If he follows it up with a similar performance on Saturday then my explanation can be the only plausible reason.

Iwobi will end up with
14 assists
8 assists to the assister
7 league goals
4 Cup goals

Evertons player of the season and PFA players player of the season and Vulcan V1 (the planet where the aliens came from) player of the season as well.
When aliens visit me they just anally probe me. Would prefer them to teach me something useful to be honest. I mean, what more can they possible learn from their ringpiece inspections?

He had a very good game. 2nd half we tried to get behind the ball and we reverted to the Big Dunc ball hoping DCL could latch on to one. Many a time Iwobi never had a single outlet and was forced into this option. Basically the same as all the others. It is an area we need to improve on drastically and also narrowing the lines. Too easy for teams to find space against us and I still believe we are still one of the poorer sides when not in possession. Iwobi just had to dig in in the 2nd half as he was not helped but was still one of the few players that relieved the pressure some times

I'm not his biggest fan generally speaking but I agree with you here. With the exception of Southampton when he was awful, he's been pretty good this season. Not necessarily anything to write home about, but certainly decent enough.

As you know I slaughtered him after Southampton but he was very good on Sunday. My main take outs are he likes ground to run into and probably liked the game to be simplified a bit. Running up and down that channel kind of gives him both.

He looks a real confidence player to me too. He seem to grow it strength, speed and physique as the game went on and was actually pushing people off the ball.

Very early days, but we need an attacking right wing back, and he has all the attributes to do quite well in that position.

I find it a bit weird that people are acting like this is the first time he's been good this season. I actually think the bad showings are the rarer ones.

I dont think it's the first time hes been good. However it's the first time I think hes shown all his attributes, not just his creativity and done it against a PL side.

I slaughtered him the other day for not doing much defensively, but he really proved me wrong on Sunday. He should a level of defensive ability and willing that I didnt think he had. He also looked like he wanted to carry the ball at speed. I thought he was excellent, and while he has had good cameos, there were numerous parts of his game that impressed on Sunday.

In that 2nd half when others were losing their heads, he kept his, and kept picking the right option under pressure. He did really well, and I'm delighted to be able to say it.

I dont think it's the first time hes been good. However it's the first time I think hes shown all his attributes, not just his creativity and done it against a PL side.

I slaughtered him the other day for not doing much defensively, but he really proved me wrong on Sunday. He should a level of defensive ability and willing that I didnt think he had. He also looked like he wanted to carry the ball at speed. I thought he was excellent, and while he has had good cameos, there were numerous parts of his game that impressed on Sunday.

In that 2nd half when others were losing their heads, he kept his, and kept picking the right option under pressure. He did really well, and I'm delighted to be able to say it.
I remember you saying that as it was in reply to a post of mine as well.

Look I don't want to try and decode the reasons why it happens but the slating of Iwobi for being lazy or not caring or not contributing when the other team has possession have always missed the mark in my opinion. That's not directed at you specifically as you're far from the only one.

His biggest problem for me continues to be the games where he gets pinned to the touchline. I still can't figure out if that's something he is doing or a tactical thing but regardless so long as it doesn't happen he's at worst a decent player capable of very good moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.