2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a good game today but let's not get carried away. Let's face it, we've been here before with players. They are mediocrities for weeks on end, then have a good game and everyone is singing their praises. It's happened to Sigurddson, Schneiderlin, Davies etc etc. If he's still doing it after another half dozen games, then I'll heap some praise on him

THe only difference here is that I feel like he's trying to be part of hte core group with DCL, James, Richy and others - and they're all big players who put ina big effort.

He had a good game today but let's not get carried away. Let's face it, we've been here before with players. They are mediocrities for weeks on end, then have a good game and everyone is singing their praises. It's happened to Sigurddson, Schneiderlin, Davies etc etc. If he's still doing it after another half dozen games, then I'll heap some praise on him
I find it a bit weird that people are acting like this is the first time he's been good this season. I actually think the bad showings are the rarer ones.

Genuinely couldn't believe my eyes when he waltzed past three of their players like Ronaldinho before we scored. Why has he been hiding that for over a year?

Great to see him perform so well today.

Went quiet at times but he picked up when we badly needed someone to keep the ball moving late in the game.

Deserves to keep his place in the team for the next game.

I like the 532, I think it worked well, Iwobi was like a different player from what we have seen at Everton so far. Hoping he has turned a corner and it's not just a one off

I like the 532, I think it worked well, Iwobi was like a different player from what we have seen at Everton so far. Hoping he has turned a corner and it's not just a one off
More like a 343 that turned into a 523. I don’t like the formation, when under pressure you end up with the two centre midfielders being totally overrun with far too much ground to cover. The back five get too deep and there’s not enough options to get out when you win the ball back so end up with aimless clearances. Maybe against relegation fodder, disaster waitin to happen against better teams.

Thought he had a good first half yesterday first time in a long time seen him look confident running at the opposition with the ball, he made some great runs and put in some decent crosses, dare I say we have finally found a decent position for him to play for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.