2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't say I never want to see him.play for us again, but, I certainly hope never to see him.play on the wing again. I don't know for sure if he is any good as a 10 or a centre mid, but, I've seen enough of him on the wing to know he is a disaster there.

If he can't find the overlap as a winger, I can't see him finding a decent pass with even more playable options. To me it would be even more harmful with him being sloppy with the ball in the middle

His form for arsenal has been woeful for years. Ask any genuine arsenal fan. A truthful one will give you the honest answer.
They couldnt wait to flog him.
Beat me to it there.

If he was any good, they wouldn't have sold him to the likes of us who are a direct rival... Especially when they are hardly blessed with a good squad these days.

No Arsenal fan would have him back for even half of what we paid for him. Not a single one.

People just need to face the fact we've been absolutely done on this one. The lad will never be good enough, ever.

I know people have their reservations about Bernard but he is a far far more talented and intelligent footballer than this donkey
Thought he did OK against the lesser teams in the cup games, was good against West Ham and Brighton when he came on, the rest though agree he has been awful and was too for the most part last season.

I know people have their reservations about Bernard but he is a far far more talented and intelligent footballer than this donkey
Yeah, at least you can see what Bernard is all about - even if he is often deeply ineffective. Iwobi is just brainless. McGeady was the same. This isn't hindsight. Both of these players, in my view, were predictable failures. Martinez revealed his true colours signing McGeady, a player anybody who watched Ireland over the years knew would always promise more than he could ever deliver. If Iwobi was a Brands pick, then that's all you need to know about Brands. I'm holding on to the comforting thought that he was a Silva choice.

Absolutely no chance, what game were you watching?

Maybe I am being generous but my point was that he seems to get way more stick than Bernard but neither one has played well for us of late.

Wouldn't be so crass as to claim racism but I wonder if perhaps the transfer fees play a part. If Iwobi was free and Bernard cost £30m would opinions be different?

Neither full back got any real cover, was disappointed in both Allan and Doucoure in that regard. Was just so frustrated watching Iwobi get the ball in great positions 3 or 4 times and refuse to use Digne on the overlap and hold onto the ball for several small pointless touches before even lifting his head up to look at options.
Has to be Rhico plus another fast player the only one springs to mind is our replacement left back or Gordon........I admit Iwobi was an outlet , but very wasteful...
Butpntnd day that's the worse performance under Carlo imo......

He’ll be feeling terrible tonight, he doesn’t play like this on purpose. Was a big chance for him and he’ll be disappointed as us and then some. I’m not defending his performance(s) btw.

Has to be Rhico plus another fast player the only one springs to mind is our replacement left back or Gordon........I admit Iwobi was an outlet , but very wasteful...
Butpntnd day that's the worse performance under Carlo imo......
Using Iwobi as an outlet is just the same as booting the ball straight into touch for an opposition throw in... The opposition will always get the ball.

In fact, booting it out for a throw in is MORE use as at least we get a few seconds to get into position as a team rather than that ball bag losing it and them breaking on us immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.