2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd played well in flashes this season, when called on. Think he'd done enough to deserve the start.

Unfortunately, he embarrassed himself.

We simply have to be targetting another forward in Jan. We should have been in the last window and I'm getting more and more concerned at our naive approach. That's on Brands and Carlo, tbf, though I'm sure Carlo would have wanted better options if they were there.

Iwobi isn't gonna cut it. The lad hasn't got any footballing intelligence.

I think you are missing the point. We didnt play that well at palace. But we dug in and got the points because everyone bought into the spirit. If you remember iwobi came on at palace for a few minutes and almost undone all that with his sloppy play. Gave the ball away about 4 times in 4 minutes. I posted in that palace thread can you imagine him now on the pitch for 30 mins or more.
He WILL cost us games.
It summed up last week in the derby,final few seconds,rs on the attack and he just stopped and watched them

It summed up last week in the derby,final few seconds,rs on the attack and he just stopped and watched them

I dont know why the penny isnt dropping with some on him. Although that number must be dwindling to none soon..
You're right and its what ive been banging on about since virtualy the day he signed. Things like him standing there watching and not going with runners can be the difference in winning and losing.
He simply cant start any more games as he is a complete liability.

His form for Arsenal was way better than this. He’s just the classic lazy Everton player like Schneiderlin Sigurdsson Walcott Williams, they just turned up with nothing to prove just wanting to coast and pick up their pay checks. We needs to get these types of players out of the club. This mentality has killed us for years.

His form for arsenal has been woeful for years. Ask any genuine arsenal fan. A truthful one will give you the honest answer.
They couldnt wait to flog him.

Blame one player in an utter abysmal all round team performance .... Lucky for Tom Davies he stayed on the bench then .........
Look at my history I have defended Tom Davies before.... He wasn't solely at fault, but when we kept looking to stretch and test their defence he made the wrong decision time and again which led to them regaining possession for counter attacks. The whole team was off the boil today, but one or two good decisions early on would have raised confidence and allowed us to control the game better, when he was so predictable, as was Godfrey they had an easy time to defend which allowed them to exploit other weaknesses.

Look at my history I have defended Tom Davies before.... He wasn't solely at fault, but when we kept looking to stretch and test their defence he made the wrong decision time and again which led to them regaining possession for counter attacks. The whole team was off the boil today, but one or two good decisions early on would have raised confidence and allowed us to control the game better, when he was so predictable, as was Godfrey they had an easy time to defend which allowed them to exploit other weaknesses.
The weakness was mainly our two full backs plus a very slow midfield......

The weakness was mainly our two full backs plus a very slow midfield......
Neither full back got any real cover, was disappointed in both Allan and Doucoure in that regard. Was just so frustrated watching Iwobi get the ball in great positions 3 or 4 times and refuse to use Digne on the overlap and hold onto the ball for several small pointless touches before even lifting his head up to look at options.

Status
Not open for further replies.