Not open for further replies.
Can't pass
Can't shoot
Can't beat a man
Can't hold the ball
Can't make a decision
Constantly gives the ball away
Coward in a tackle (won't even contest)

Absolutely hate seeing him on the team sheet because I know he'll be utterly atrocious. He needs to go home and watch that first half back again, give his head a wobble and then beg the coaching staff for some serious 1:1 attention to at least try and help him resemble a professional football player.
It's as though when he gets the ball his head it going 100mph thinking about all the mad skillz he's gonna pull off...then loses the ball
At least Bolasie ran past people
Would genuinely replace him in the squad with Bolasie.
He may run around like a clumsy headless chicken with a first touch that would make Lukaku cry, but the standout worst attribute of his is his decisionmaking

Basically Bolasie...gets the ball and its 50/50 whether it goes to the opposition.

If he does control it then he'll almost always try to take a player on for no reason.

For the 10% left of the time hes not got the Xfactor to warrant the 90% of uselessness.

I’m sorry, you generally seem quite a reasonable poster but you’re making a fool of yourself in this thread.
Every player is entitled to a bad game, the issue for him is that he’s our third highest signing of all time and we’re seeing it far too often. It’s not a one off. You might find that in trying to defend the objectively indefensible that you are fuelling criticism and hardening attitudes, as opposed to changing opinions.

Genuinely feel he cost us today, if he could whip a ball in or look for the overlap we could have been a head before they scored. Instead he took too many little touches allowing them time to get players back.

Said it loads of times, you can’t swap out a player like Richarlison for a player like iwobi and think things will just carry on as normal. It’s not just their ability, it just completely changes the dynamic of the side and the goal threat is massively reduced. A very avoidable situation we just walked straight into.

Genuinely feel he cost us today, if he could whip a ball in or look for the overlap we could have been a head before they scored. Instead he took too many little touches allowing them time to get players back.
Blame one player in an utter abysmal all round team performance .... Lucky for Tom Davies he stayed on the bench then .........

Every player is entitled to a bad game, the issue for him is that he’s our third highest signing of all time and we’re seeing it far too often. It’s not a one off. You might find that in trying to defend the objectively indefensible that you are fuelling criticism and hardening attitudes, as opposed to changing opinions.

Could also say every player is entitled to a good game, with Iwobi it is more bad then even better never mind good.

As poor of a performance as I have ever seen from an Everton player.

I am constantly a source of temperance and patience in terms of player development; i.e opinions on DCL, Keane, Holgate, Davies, etc. always saying to wait and see; give them time and matches to get it right.

With that stated, I have seen enough. I firmly believe Iwobi is never going to develop into a footballer that is anything more than a complete detriment to the squad. As far as I’m concerned the front office should be looking at moving him on to get his wages off the books and chalking up anything they get back in a transfer fee as an unexpected bonus.

Blame one player in an utter abysmal all round team performance .... Lucky for Tom Davies he stayed on the bench then .........

I think you are missing the point. We didnt play that well at palace. But we dug in and got the points because everyone bought into the spirit. If you remember iwobi came on at palace for a few minutes and almost undone all that with his sloppy play. Gave the ball away about 4 times in 4 minutes. I posted in that palace thread can you imagine him now on the pitch for 30 mins or more.
He WILL cost us games.

I won't say I never want to see him.play for us again, but, I certainly hope never to see him.play on the wing again. I don't know for sure if he is any good as a 10 or a centre mid, but, I've seen enough of him on the wing to know he is a disaster there.

Status
Not open for further replies.