2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its Alex Iwobi day

Iwobi has played under more Everton managers than hes scored goals.
I think the club should be more embarrassed. They are the ones that can't get the right manager (and signed Iwobi)!

He’s not good enough let’s be honest, but the only flashes we’ve seen from him have been when he’s played or drifted centrally.

West Ham at home he played a number of good through balls. Seem to remember Burnley at home he played a couple too despite us being so tragic that day that he was shifted back out wide after about 20 minutes.

Seeing as he’s not going anywhere, and it’s possible that we won’t have either of our typical #10s next year, we might as well give him a go there as he’s pointless out wide.

The problem is that he's not intelligent enough to play there. Anything he does is purely based on blind balls or trying something. Works the odd time but never through a whole season or against anyone decent as they'll just counter....like Burnley did.

He's spent his entire career out wide so far. To suddenly become De Bruyne isn't going to happen. He's not even Ross Barkley levels

The problem is that he's not intelligent enough to play there. Anything he does is purely based on blind balls or trying something. Works the odd time but never through a whole season or against anyone decent as they'll just counter....like Burnley did.

He's spent his entire career out wide so far. To suddenly become De Bruyne isn't going to happen. He's not even Ross Barkley levels
What do you suggest we do with him? He’s here till 2024 and not a whiff of interest from anyone, nor is he included in the lists of players the echo, athletic etc say we’re trying to move on.

I don’t care what the match thread says. People already have there minds made up, many even before he’d played a game for us, therefore whatever he does will be irrelevant unless it’s done on a consistent basis.

I know what I seen and he was by far a best player during that first 35 mins. Admittedly, it didn’t take much doing on the day. I knew when I watched DCL that he has all the attributes be a top player for us but it didn’t stop people criticising him for a long, long time and refusing to see any positives.

There was also lots of evidence provided by others in the days following to back up his contribution.

He’s not good enough let’s be honest, but the only flashes we’ve seen from him have been when he’s played or drifted centrally.

West Ham at home he played a number of good through balls. Seem to remember Burnley at home he played a couple too despite us being so tragic that day that he was shifted back out wide after about 20 minutes.

Seeing as he’s not going anywhere, and it’s possible that we won’t have either of our typical #10s next year, we might as well give him a go there as he’s pointless out wide.

It was after his "Play me as a 10" comments and Ancelotti set the team up around him.

He started between the inside left and number 10 position. Kept getting the ball and running inside. Looked flashy and full of confidence...did nothing at all with the ball and we kept getting counter attacked.

30mins in and were 2-0 down with him still waddling around acting flashy without any effectiveness.

Hes clearly not good enough but thinks hes James Rodriguez.

It was after his "Play me as a 10" comments and Ancelotti set the team up around him.

He started between the inside left and number 10 position. Kept getting the ball and running inside. Looked flashy and full of confidence...did nothing at all with the ball and we kept getting counter attacked.

30mins in and were 2-0 down with him still waddling around acting flashy without any effectiveness.

Hes clearly not good enough but thinks hes James Rodriguez.
I think the stats showed he gave the ball away once in 35 minutes despite consistently being available, having more touches than any Everton player on the pitch and looking to transition it forward quickly (something this squad Mabley lacks) whilst constantly looking for forward passes and trying to make something happen.

Not skillful enough...

I think the stats showed he gave the ball away once in 35 minutes despite consistently being available, having more touches than any Everton player on the pitch and looking to transition it forward quickly (something this squad Mabley lacks) whilst constantly looking for forward passes and trying to make something happen.

How effective did these stats say he was?

I remember clearly, him receiving the ball and moving forward with it...he looked very flashy.

Nothing happened though...

How effective did these stats say he was?

I remember clearly, him receiving the ball and moving forward with it...he looked very flashy.

Nothing happened though...
No one was effective but he played good balls forward and was let down by players around him miscontrolling good balls.

Too much time has passed for me to show these examples now but other people did at the time and they were right to do so.

Not making lots happen does not equal “we kept getting hit on the counter when he was given away “ …..not when he only gave it away once in the 35 minutes he was there.

No one was effective but he played good balls forward and was let down by players around him miscontrolling good balls.

Too much time has passed for me to show these examples now but other people did at the time and they were right to do so.

Not making lots happen does not equal “we kept getting hit on the counter when he was given away “ …..not when he only gave it away once in the 35 minutes he was there.

Ive written twice that he wasnt effective -- not sure were talking about the same game.

If you need stats to jog your memory the echo hss some in here:

Heres an interesting one from when he was moved wide in the same game (he actually had a crossing accuracy of 14% over the season before burnley--they corrected themselves)

I wont post on here but the amount of negative comments im reading on twitter posted about him is hard reading, but one thing stands out...

...he slowed the play down.

Hes not got the vision or the pace and he tries these 'off the cuff' tricks which never come off.

Perhaps hed be better suited to a slower league...

He will have the same impact at Everton as besic,. But will retire a wealthy man. Well done Everton, you gone and done it again .

Status
Not open for further replies.