2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Saka has two league assists this year. He's scored a few goals tbf and you can see how he could become great but he isn't there.

My overall point is Arsenal fans have been saying the grass is greener for years and it often hasn't been. Wenger being the obvious example but they were also convinced Giroud was holding them back.
Have you seen much of Saka? There's a reason why he's one of the first names on the team sheet, not to mention a full international, at 19.

Meanwhile, our 24-year-old teenager still doesn't have a position.

With respect to the Arsenal support they swore Iwobi wasn't good enough and since selling them have yet to have someone have more league assists than he did his final season there. Their illusions of grandeur are reaching kopite levels.
Ya but I wasnt talking about their fan base as a whole. Its 2 lads I know fairly well. And who know full well the limitations of their own players as well. They thought then as I think now. Iwobi is bang average and extremely limited.

This lad has definitely benefited by coming through Arsenals academy and the short sighted thinking that lads who come from these environments are actually top players. He'd be in the championship now if he'd come through here or west ham lol

That's a fair thing to think even if I disagree. I don't think saying he isn't trying is fair especially when he's done things like keep a clean sheet against the RS playing RWB.
I didn't say he doesn't try I said shift, shift implies more it implies going above and beyond and producing, he has had a few decent games Fulham and Wolves spring to mind but also see leaving his runner against Chelsea at one point where he just knocked off or being hauled off at half time in various games. But hey I hope he does prove me wrong.

I didn't say he doesn't try I said shift, shift implies more it implies going above and beyond and producing, he has had a few decent games Fulham and Wolves spring to mind but also see leaving his runner against Chelsea at one point where he just knocked off or being hauled off at half time in various games. But hey I hope he does prove me wrong.
I think of shift as strictly putting effort in so that's my bad for not understanding.

Hasn't Saka got pure loads?

That saka is 20x the player iwobi is

Saka has a lot of potential but right now he's about the 6th best young English attacker

He's not just potential though he's arguably one of their best players at the minute, but that's for another day, I replied to you about them not having someone who's replaced iwobi in terms of assists etc and saka has come in to replace him and his already a far more effective player

Other 5? Please provide workings including quantitative and qualitative evidence.

He's their best player.

That wasn't his fault. It was a combo of Gomes being a liability and Holgate being out of position which left Iwobi with either closing down or sticking to his man.

That aside, I don't actually think he gives 100%

That wasn't his fault. It was a combo of Gomes being a liability and Holgate being out of position which left Iwobi with either closing down or sticking to his man.

That aside, I don't actually think he gives 100%
I think they were all responsible and yes there are times he looks like he is lumbering around. As I have said before his running style is awkward I wonder if he has too much bulk in his upper body.

That's a fair thing to think even if I disagree. I don't think saying he isn't trying is fair especially when he's done things like keep a clean sheet against the RS playing RWB.
A right winger played in a 0-0 a year ago so he must be giving 100% is a weird argument like.

Status
Not open for further replies.