2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
Mirallas was class back in the day, but he had the same problem a lot of our players have today, he was so inconsistent and didn’t perform nowhere near enough.
We would've of been better off with Deulofeu or Lookman to be honest. Deulofeu had a quality cross and Lookman drives forward. Not sure what we were thinking really wish we had these two on the bench. Deulofeu could recreate the magical crosses into the box... Imagine the connection with DCL... Iwobi is the scape goat and I usually come to this thread Everytime we lose and perform like [Poor language removed].

Mirallas was class back in the day, but he had the same problem a lot of our players have today, he was so inconsistent and didn’t perform nowhere near enough.

First few games i thought we have a bargain here. Going past people. Good delivery. Didnt last of course. Still odd good game. But he not only become inconsistent he become a bit lazy.
Big difference with him and iwobi. At any time Mirallas could do something. You know for a fact iwobi wont.
Just posted in the disillusion with football thread. The signing of iwobi fitted into that the second i heard we were possibly signing him.
He was cooked at Arsenal. His time was done. They had waited 4/5 years and realised he was a bit of a offers very little fraud. Then....oh dear Everton.

From the echo

But Everton's right hand side woes were compounded by Alex Iwobi's inability to pick out any of his team-mates in the box.

His crossing accuracy was 0%. Not one of his five crosses did as they were supposed to.

Iwobi's crossing accuracy this season sits at around 20%. Holgate's is at 23%.

Inexcusable. The fact you’ve got grown men seiving through 90 mins of footage in a game we lost to pick out 5 little clips of him passing a ball to justify his performance says it all.

£30m
50 games 2 Goals 2 Assist
Terrrible return for a PL level footballer.

Leon Osman was no winger but the lad could cross when needs be. Same with Arteta when we first signed him and used to play him on the right, he was no winger but the lad worked hard and contributed with his fair share of assists and goals from there. Iwobi is terrible.

Inexcusable. The fact you’ve got grown men seiving through 90 mins of footage in a game we lost to pick out 5 little clips of him passing a ball to justify his performance says it all.

£30m
50 games 2 Goals 2 Assist
Terrrible return for a PL level footballer.

Leon Osman was no winger but the lad could cross when needs be. Same with Arteta when we first signed him and used to play him on the right, he was no winger but the lad worked hard and contributed with his fair share of assists and goals from there. Iwobi is terrible.

Exhausting. I saw the link but refused to watch it as i got the gist of it and knew it was utter bollox. Just like the single person i have on ignore on this site is the one in this thread who posts like he's alex iwobis PR manager.

Contributes absolutely nothing as an attacking option, which is of little surprise watching him shift that huge arse of his around the pitch.
Runs like he’s crapped his pants.
Stealing a living as a PL footballer.

From the echo

But Everton's right hand side woes were compounded by Alex Iwobi's inability to pick out any of his team-mates in the box.

His crossing accuracy was 0%. Not one of his five crosses did as they were supposed to.

Iwobi's crossing accuracy this season sits at around 20%. Holgate's is at 23%.
ZERO PERCENT lol lol lol lol lol lol

From what I saw on Saturday, he looked pretty good as the most advanced midfielder for the first 25 minutes, picking the ball up in the transition and threading a few direct, forward passes which led to some of our only clear chance creation. He was regularly finding space beyond their midfield with some decent movement when they'd set out their two banks of four but rarely received the pass. The issue at that point in the game was the lack of balance of the team in general, and so the pack was reshuffled and he was shunted out wide again.

What's abundantly clear is that he's not a winger - his crossing is abysmal and he prefers having the option to go either side of an opponent to go past them. But I'd still make a case that he'd affect the game in a more meaningful way as an #8 or #10 than Gomes would, especially when you've got a midfield three with no legs (regardless of the combination) until Doucouré returns in 8-10 weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.