2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more appearance in an Everton shirt for Alex Iwobi is one too many. Anyone who doesn’t think this guy is the worst signing in our history? Pound for pound? He’s atrocious at everything, not one redeeming quality to his game. I’d say get shut but who on earth is buying that?!

One more appearance in an Everton shirt for Alex Iwobi is one too many. Anyone who doesn’t think this guy is the worst signing in our history? Pound for pound? He’s atrocious at everything, not one redeeming quality to his game. I’d say get shut but who on earth is buying that?!
A team smarter than Everton would have seen a lot to like in that first 30 minutes. Carlo will focus on us conceding two goals that he was in no way responsible for and condemn him to more RW.

Those 28 minutes where he did the square sum of nothing, offered no outlet and we conceded two against Burnley?

Those 28 minutes yeah?
Our passing play was genuinely good, the defensive issues could have happened in any system. The system doesn't prevent Davies from giving it away (and being fouled fwiw) and Allan being crap. The system doesn't tell teams shoot from anywhere because Pickford isn't saving it.

Ballon d'or for Iwobi's 28 minutes of fame in his preferred position.
It's the best we've moved the ball for months. The goals were unfortunate but for me we persist with that type of diamond and play through the tough moments and we'll be better for it.

Sorry for wanting to see us lift our ceiling some. That 4-4-2 we played in the second half was never winning the game. Best was a draw and that went when DCL missed the header.

Our passing play was genuinely good, the defensive issues could have happened in any system. The system doesn't prevent Davies from giving it away (and being fouled fwiw) and Allan being crap. The system doesn't tell teams shoot from anywhere because Pickford isn't saving it.

I genuinely think you decided what it is you were going to see before a ball was kicked, because that really isn't what happened. Like it's remarkably wrong.

I think we all get that you want to be a fan of this guy for some reason, but... I mean, where's the point where you go "OK yeah he's actually really very bad"?

his biggest problem is, even during the rare patches of games when he's good he doesn't provide anything and most of the time he's very far from good

Status
Not open for further replies.