2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too many excuses on here for a player who has 2 goals and 2 assists in 45 games.

He only has to do the most basic thing like pass 5 yards and he gets the i thought he did ok.
He was the nail in the coffin the day he signed. He has no passion. No desire. No actual decent contribution to anything that goes on on the pitch.
In danger of repeating myself but he is the epitomy of whats wrong with the club as he couldnt really care less if the team win or lose. He will go on. Get his appearence money and go home knowing hes getting paid.
Club shelled out a lot of money for that privilege.
The day he goes the day Everton can hopefully start to recruit those who will at least want to win.
Here for the dough. Absolutely nothing else.

he's the only wide player I know that cant cross the ball. That 2 assists stat is damning.
But he got 90% pass succession rate last night, because he made a decent cross for the first time the rest of his medicore display last night, and the previous games don't matter apparently. I'm the first to give the lad credit when he's played well, but how long can we persevere with him.

Thought he was our best player tonight, disagreed with him coming off. Starts in the derby for me.
I must have watched a different game cos the Iwobi i saw just jogged around, stuck a leg out half arsed when trying to tackle, pulled out of several 50/50's, doesnt get close to closing a man down properly and lets crosses come into the box to easy, has no pace to beat a man and generally doesn't contribute enough. If he plays even half as well as some on here think he did then why did Carlo haul him off...again!
Yes i agree that from time to time he does have some ability to create and score goals but overall he just doesn't do enough and lacks the energy/pace needed for the right wing position.
Only my opinion though.

But he got 90% pass succession rate last night, because he made a decent cross for the first time the rest of his medicore display last night, and the previous games don't matter apparently. I'm the first to give the lad credit when he's played well, but how long can we persevere with him.
I suppose until we get someone better. I don't dislike him, he tries, runs around a lot, he does offer a bit in defence and supports his full back bit he is frustrating in the opponents half. I'm not one to get excited by a 90% pass ratio as that can be interpreted as he will only make safe passes, (ie Thiago 5 yarders)

he's the only wide player I know that cant cross the ball. That 2 assists stat is damning.
I may be wrong and others may not agree, but I sometimes wonder if he actually intends to cross the ball to a specific person or place in the area.

There's been a few times where he's got into a position and it appears to be more as if he hits it and hopes - head down or not actively taking time to check.

Is that a lack of composure and/or awareness or does he simply expect the players to be there in numbers? Either way, more patience would be beneficial.

When Coleman and Iwobi are both playing down the right, the chances of us getting an effective cross from the right hand side can't be very good at all.

I may be wrong and others may not agree, but I sometimes wonder if he actually intends to cross the ball to a specific person or place in the area.

There's been a few times where he's got into a position and it appears to be more as if he hits it and hopes - head down or not actively taking time to check.

Is that a lack of composure and/or awareness or does he simply expect the players to be there in numbers? Either way, more patience would be beneficial.

When Coleman and Iwobi are both playing down the right, the chances of us getting an effective cross from the right hand side can't be very good at all.

Bolasie mark 2. He used to just have his head down and wellie it

He would struggle to get in some lower half teams, never mind ours. He's not the answer to take us up to challenge the top 4 teams in this league and I'd get rid at the first opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.