2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s 24, loaded, and on break. He’s earned his money and has every right to spend it how he likes, assuming it’s within legal and club guidelines. Is it a bit insensitive? Probably. But let’s stop being mad at people for having money.
I'm not mad at him for having money, I'm just annoyed that he's crap and I'm reminded of him everytime this thread is bumped.

I'm not mad at him for having money, I'm just annoyed that he's crap and I'm reminded of him everytime this thread is bumped.
Ignore it Zez. He is a bit crap but it’s our fault for signing him and giving him the contract we did. Who knows, maybe he’ll surprise us this coming season.

That's a lot of writing when you could have just said "I don't know what a lot of money actually is in the current state of the world."

That quote makes no sense.

I work in financial markets. Im pretty confident that ive a broad picture of whats happening with the markets and global economy. I also know a lot of both rich and wealthy people across the whole £2.4mil - £2.4bil range which you brought up.

None of that has anything to do with the points i made which youve chosen to ignore as they disprove your views. But you know that already.

Youve fallen into your own trapdoor and cant disprove fan sentiment regarding Iwobi nor understand why some fans have lashed out.

Ive tried to explain it to you but if you dont want to understand then it would appear that youre insensitive to the average fan who expects effort and desire from the 4th most expensive signing in the clubs history. Someone who the fans perceive doesnt deserve a reward for a shambolic year of work earning more in 6months than most make in a lifetime.

Personally id say that those two traits are far more important to posting on social media and if he had half a brain should hire someone to manage those apps for him. Otherwise he comes across as yet another person who believes they are in a bubble and above others.

I personally couldnt care less about what he posts on social media. Theres literally no helping him if he doesnt put any effort in on the pitch to go with a distinct lack of quality though.

That quote makes no sense.

I work in financial markets. Im pretty confident that ive a broad picture of whats happening with the markets and global economy. I also know a lot of both rich and wealthy people across the whole £2.4mil - £2.4bil range which you brought up.

None of that has anything to do with the points i made which youve chosen to ignore as they disprove your views. But you know that already.

Youve fallen into your own trapdoor and cant disprove fan sentiment regarding Iwobi nor understand why some fans have lashed out.

Ive tried to explain it to you but if you dont want to understand then it would appear that youre insensitive to the average fan who expects effort and desire from the 4th most expensive signing in the clubs history. Someone who the fans perceive believe doesnt deserve a reward for a shambolic year of work earning more in 6months than most make in a lifetime.

Personally id say that those two traits are far more important to posting on social media and if he had half a brain should hire someone to manage those apps for him. Otherwise he comes across as yet another person who believes they are in a bubble and above others.

I personally couldnt care less about what he posts on social media. Theres literally no helping him if he doesnt put any effort in on the pitch to go with a distinct lack of quality though.
Your point is it is fine that people are mad at Iwobi for being wealthy if they perceive that he isn't trying and I'm telling you that is dumb because he isn't wealthy enough to get all worked up about. That's it. Say whatever in the hell else you want.

Your point is it is fine that people are mad at Iwobi for being wealthy if they perceive that he isn't trying and I'm telling you that is dumb because he isn't wealthy enough to get all worked up about. That's it. Say whatever in the hell else you want.

Again totally wrong. Ive never stated that its fine for people to be "mad at iwobi for being wealthy".

Ive tried to explain to you why they are. For some reason you think its wrong for someone to be disappointed with a player earning more in 6 months what they earn in a lifetime.

Youre out of touch with reality if you only believe people can be angry with self made billionaires and not footballers earning tens of millions.

To me thats mind blowing.

Again totally wrong. Ive never stated that its fine for people to be "mad at iwobi for being wealthy".

Ive tried to explain to you why they are. For some reason you think its wrong for someone to be disappointed with a player earning more in 6 months what they earn in a lifetime.

Youre out of touch with reality if you only believe people can be angry with self made billionaires and not footballers earning tens of millions.

To me thats mind blowing.
I don't need to be explained to. I know the reasoning. And I'm here to tell you for the 5th or 6th time now that it is stupid.

Or alternatively it is entirely wrapped in self interest. Take your pick.

Very much so. I wish this thread and him would disapear. And i then find myself getting sucked into the thread when i read some really bizare comments.
Seen(and played) enough football down the years to know a player who is giving the minimum.
Bar a miracle of some other idiot club signing him, get used to it. He'll milk this club for another 4 years.
Well done director of football. Well done.

Yeah i wouldnt have gone that far. He wasnt spectacular in any way shape or form but he was tidy enough and ran his socks off.
And as crazy as it sounds. Would he get a game today given our current midfield. He probably would.
How sad is that.
I'd expect most of the midfielders from that era to get a game now, even the ones that we had very little time for.

Any of Tie, Linderoth or even Pembridge would start ahead of Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.