2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would you see him playing in a 442

lol

In a 4-4-2, if we had a proper holding midfielder, I do think in some circumstances he'd work as a central player. As a ball-carrier in certain situations I think he'd be good.

But, other than that, the only place for him is wide left, with licence to cut inside.

That means his link up with Digne must improve, and it also requires us to have a right winger with pace who keeps the width.

I'm not fully convinced Ancelotti is set on 4-4-2, however. I think if he manages to get a few players in, they'll be players who allow us to tweak the system.

BTW @Zatara, I'm not saying he should be a guaranteed starter or anything.

But we need a player for the right, and so for now if we have Iwobi/Bernard/Gordon as our options for the left, I can live with it if we have a quality player on the other flank to offer those 8-10 goals we need.

Tbh I thought the only time he’s ever looked good for us was when he played there against West Ham, he also looked decent in one of the games post lockdown where he played way infield. Absolutely gash on the wing though
Maybe true... I believe most Blues would excuse the doing of a job out the wing or more hopefully took some time adjust and made it his own. So his anticipation and awareness should remain consistent, as it does not reckon he sulks, understandable under Silva, however, with Ancelotti at the helm, I wonder his about commitment to Everton and football in general...

£15m from a newly promoted side maybe? I think the fact we were so dire this season might mask just how poor a player Iwobi is. One of the newly promoted sides with a bit of cash to burn might go for him

Be amazed if anyone even goes near 10m. And who could blame them. What do you get for your money. Virtualy nothing.

Iwobi is getting stick I see, now I ain’t a fan but surely 30 year old Sigurdsson should be the one receiving stick on this level.

Why tho?

They've both been equally bad this season.

And siggurdsson hasnt just uploaded a photo of himself stepping out a Rolls Royce and boarding a private jet

(Not that the photo bothers me but that is the reason Iwobi is getting stick instead of Sig!)

Status
Not open for further replies.