2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played number ten against West ham which was one of our best performances tbf. But we play 442 now so maybe he can play right ot left and drift in if he comes in. He does look more awkward on the wing thoughh he is better driving from central positions or playing one twos with a forward.

Unless he plays similar to how Bernard did on the left on Saturday but from the right? Drift in and have the full-backs as the only true width.

I've actually enjoyed watching us more in his absence (except when Davies was on the left).

Haven't missed him a bit and hope he doesn't come straight into the side.

He played number ten against West ham which was one of our best performances tbf. But we play 442 now so maybe he can play right ot left and drift in if he comes in. He does look more awkward on the wing though he is better driving from central positions or playing one twos with a forward.

I don't see it as a positional problem with him, it's just his general ability isn't good enough right now to demand a starting spot in the team. If he is going to be more than a rotation option, he will have to improve a lot.

He's played best for us behind the striker. But with 2 up front we can't do that anymore. I'm not sure he's got what it takes to be a CM or to play wide right so who knows how he will fit in.

Unless he plays similar to how Bernard did on the left on Saturday but from the right? Drift in and have the full-backs as the only true width.

That's exactly the role for him I think. He should get plenty of minutes with swapping with Bernard. He's not really suitable to any other position if we're not playing with a 10.

He's played best for us behind the striker. But with 2 up front we can't do that anymore. I'm not sure he's got what it takes to be a CM or to play wide right so who knows how he will fit in.

If he's as good as some people on here think he is then there should be no problem with him putting performances in from out wide with the freedom to cut inside.

When it's all said and done, he's an attacking midfielder. With the way modern day full backs play it's not like we need him standing on the touchline to provide width. There's ample opportunity for him to roam and find pockets of space to get the ball and effect the game.

If we had fit CMs we could maybe do a 4-4-2 diamond but that isn't possible probably this season.

I don't see it as a positional problem with him, it's just his general ability isn't good enough right now to demand a starting spot in the team. If he is going to be more than a rotation option, he will have to improve a lot.

He's inconsistent so yeah rotation player

Status
Not open for further replies.