2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the match for the first time as I was working so coukd only listen to it.

Iwobi was absolutely superb 1st half, yep he misplaced a couple of passes and a few went astray but his natural instinct is to find space, demand the ball, control it and look for a forward pass.

The pass to Richarlison, the pass to Walcott, both great weight, both forward passes

The whole front line is quicker because of those pockets if space he finds

Just watching the match for the first time as I was working so coukd only listen to it.

Iwobi was absolutely superb 1st half, yep he misplaced a couple of passes and a few went astray but his natural instinct is to find space, demand the ball, control it and look for a forward pass.

The pass to Richarlison, the pass to Walcott, both great weight, both forward passes

The whole front line is quicker because of those pockets if space he finds
For me he was by far the best player we picked up in the summer window.

For me he was by far the best player we picked up in the summer window.

In that number 10 position when he gets into the pockets of space he did he looks really comfortable

Every time a pass didn't come off he moaned at himself, then just started again and it didn't affect his confidence.

A really busy player who doesn't dwell on the ball, always looking to get the ball off within 1/2 touches and 99% of the time it's a forward pass

Really good performance. I gave Walcott man of the match based on listening it on the radio but watching it last night I'd give it to Iwobi

We never had a ball carrier attacking midfielder since we sold Barkley.

To have someone with such ability is crucial, it opens up a lot of attacking possibilities.

Dribbler pass a defender and the whole defensive setup will be force into an awkward remedy that breaks defensive shape.
Defenders will be drag all over the pitch leaving gaps everywhere.

We never had a ball carrier attacking midfielder since we sold Barkley.

To have someone with such ability is crucial, it opens up a lot of attacking possibilities.

Dribbler pass a defender and the whole defensive setup will be force into an awkward remedy that breaks defensive shape.
Defenders will be drag all over the pitch leaving gaps everywhere.

Spot on actually but dare I say Iwobi speed of thought seems a lot quicker than Barkleys.

Good comparison of player though, someone comfortable on the ball and a goal threat.

There hasn't been one match yet where Iwobi hasn't been in with a shout of a goal

Spot on actually but dare I say Iwobi speed of thought seems a lot quicker than Barkleys.

Good comparison of player though, someone comfortable on the ball and a goal threat.

There hasn't been one match yet where Iwobi hasn't been in with a shout of a goal
To be honest I think he is levels ahead of Barkley, and that's not a pop at Roscoe, Iwobi just has some vision, still raw though but natural, not just an athlete like some footballers.

Was actually a bit surprised at how much he seemed to enjoy the number 10 role. The problem for siggy is that he so rigid in that role whereas Iwobi provides more flexability and mobility. He was aided by bernard and gomes being in the side to provide a better tempo, and walcotts willingness to run past the last defender also allowing Richie to float around. Just a much more mobile and unpredictable set up with these guys

...interesting comparison. Both ball carrying midfielders, I always see Barkley as a player who transitions defence into attack. I think Iwobi has greater ability to pick a killer pass in the top third, perhaps more of creator than Barkley.

Uses his energy well does Iwobi, my god he and Bernard put shifts in defensively as well. We needed that to work on saturday, at least it gives Silva food for thought about formations and a certain number 10.

Just lacks that killer quality doesn´t he? Type of player who will spin his man brilliantly then slice the pass out of play. Our team is full of them unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.