Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never been a fan to be honest. I know that brands, Silva and all the scouts watch Games with their eyes, but I’m sure they also crunch the numbers. And siggurdsson stats from open play aren’t great for a player who cost 45mil when it was a fortune. Ha ha 45mil not a fortune.

And that’s the interesting thing about iwobi, I haven’t seen much of him and probably like a lot of evertonians, pulled a face when he was linked Wednesday night, but what I’ve read from people who know more than me. Say his stats for creating chances and his passes in to the penalty box. Are up there near the top of the League. And it starts to make sense.

I can see siggurdsson being fazed out this season and silva moving to 433, with a proper number 6 in Gbamin and 2 box to box midfielders either side. With hopefully another top class midfielder brought in next summer. To play either side with Gomes. And maybe Davies & Delph as back up.

To many times for me siggurdsson plays as a split striker, as he’s quite slow and struggles to support the attack at times, so we basically become 442. Which in turn forces Richarlison back tracking a full back. Ideally you want him & iwobi on the other side, to at times let the full back go, so they can isolate the CB’s when we win the ball and break and your 2 wide centre mids IE. Delph & Gomes go across to help are full backs.
Good post siggurdson doesn’t have the skill set to play in midfield and is nowhere near good enough to have a team built around him.

I hoped your right and completely agree 4-3-3 I’d like iwobi In the middle he is a specimen physically and regularly destroys opponents with it but can play football

Nice one
But the grammar police are the most annoying people on forums & Twitter and for that reason your going on ignore
See you
Despite being ignored, I feel compelled to point out that there are three full stops missing, arguably you can't start a sentence with 'But', and your 'your' should be you're. A proper pedant might suggest that 'forums' should be 'fora', but that's not me.

Chatting with an Arsenal fan tonight. He says if we play him as number 10 then he'll be a great player for us. I said he'll probably play on the wing. He said he should do alright there.

Chatting with an Arsenal fan tonight. He says if we play him as number 10 then he'll be a great player for us. I said he'll probably play on the wing. He said he should do alright there.

Oh, exciting, it’s been a while since the ‘he’s be ace if he played number 10’ brigade turned up. Bily says hi

Status
Not open for further replies.