Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton manager Marco Silva said: “Alex was one of our main targets for this window and I believe he is a fantastic signing for Everton. He is a direct and skilful winger and attacking midfielder who always works very hard for his team.

“He is still young but already with a lot of top-level experience – 100 Premier League matches, more in Europe and many international games.

“It was important for me to have one more quality option for our attacking positions to add to what we have with Richarlison, Bernard and Theo Walcott.

“Alex fits exactly the profile of player I want in my model. He is hungry to join Everton and take the next step in his career, to help us compete with the strongest teams in the league and reach his potential at our club.”

Iwobi, the nephew of Nigerian legend Jay-Jay Okocha, was born in Lagos, Nigeria before moving to England when he was four. Iwobi played 149 games for Arsenal, scoring 15 times and contributing to 42 goals.

I was fuming until I read his wiki and learned he is the nephew of the great Jay Jay Okocha. Now I'm buzzing! It's got to count for something hasn't it lads? Let's hope his uncle is round his house now teaching him some step overs.

Agree. Plus, worst-case scenario if Zaha flops / gets a serious injury, two years down the track he'd be 28 and we'd be losing serious money on him if we wanted to sell. We may have overpaid a bit on Iwobi, but at 23 his best years are ahead of him, and he is Premier League-ready.

I'm happy we've gone with Iwobi over Zaha, for the prices quoted.
Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.