Alan Ball memorabilia

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
A 1966 World Cup winner's medal awarded to footballer Alan Ball has sold at auction for £200,000.
It was sold alongside Ball's red World Cup final shirt, which raised £130,000, and cap, which fetched £115,000.
It was bought by businessman and philanthropist Eddie Davies.
Why did Everton football club not purchase it?

A 1966 World Cup winner's medal awarded to footballer Alan Ball has sold at auction for £200,000.
It was sold alongside Ball's red World Cup final shirt, which raised £130,000, and cap, which fetched £115,000.

Because they were outbid by the Dyson parts magnet @Joey66 ?

Could have swapped Tom davies for em

One inanimate object for a couple of others

Because our board don't know who Alan Ball is.

The FA would've been a more appropriate purchaser no?

Was it the family that sold it or had it been previously sold?

Also didnt Eddie Davies die a few years ago? The fella who owned Bolton?

He played for Blackpool at the time?

The FA would've been a more appropriate purchaser no?

Was it the family that sold it or had it been previously sold?

….I have it in mind that Ball sold his medal when he was still alive. I might have that wrong, but I recall being a little surprised.

in respect of his shirt, I thought he swapped with his great friend Nobby Stiles, but I might have that wrong also.

2 months wages for the current shitehawks masquerading as 1st teamers at our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.