AFC Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what's driving me mad, we're half way through building a world class stadium in a landmark location - yet nothing regarding a takeover?

I can only think the reason is due to Kenwright and MSP has happened numerous times?
I think the problem is the cost.
You're looking at £1bn for a full buy out and finance the stadium. For a club that burns money and hasn't had a whiff off a decent season in about a decade, that is probably too rich for most to think about.
So your looking at Middle East investment. But would they really invest in probably the worst team in the league, and one in a city where they are 2nd best in terms of everything?
If we were mid table and up, we would be a whole better proposition. But we ain't. Whoever comes in has to spend this £1bn and then finance a new team. I mean let's be honest, which player other than Pickford would a new owner want to keep. Its a full makeover needed.

I can also see Moshiri wanting to ride it out.
I still belive a Netflix style subscription based model is coming for tv. I honestly think the Apple deal with the MLS is a trial run and it will eventually end up here. Be that Apple or Amazon, but it will happen Then you could be looking at silly money coming into clubs.

I don’t understand the idea behind these clubs at all it’s not Everton and there’s loads of non league clubs locally you can support if you don’t want to support Everton anymore there’s no need to start a new one it’s a very narcissistic idea.
Nailed it.

All theses phoenix clubs (aside from genuine sorts like Bury and Wimbledon) are done entirely to satisfy self importance. They're nearly always ran by bad bellwhiffs, or a committee of bad bellwhiffs, and eventually dissolve into ego driven infighting.

"I'm such a superbloo I had to start my own club"

If someone is truly sick of Everton being a not very good PL side then there are loads of non-league clubs very close by and given a few games a good NL club gets right under your skin.

Nailed it.

All theses phoenix clubs (aside from genuine sorts like Bury and Wimbledon) are done entirely to satisfy self importance. They're nearly always ran by bad bellwhiffs, or a committee of bad bellwhiffs, and eventually dissolve into ego driven infighting.

"I'm such a superbloo I had to start my own club"

If someone is truly sick of Everton being a not very good PL side then there are loads of non-league clubs very close by and given a few games a good NL club gets right under your skin.
You have a point there...sort of

IF it comes to it...
There was a time  before there was Everton...but I was mostly too young to remember it.
There'll be a time when there wasn't Everton...but I'll be mostly too old to remember that either

I like most on here am a die hard Evertonian. At what point do we say enough is enough with this tired and corrupt board, and go down the route of AFC Wimbledon, FC United of Manchester and start again with fan owned club were we make the decisions?

Before anyone gets on my case of just jumping ship, I only ask at which point would this happen ?
Now will do me,get it done 👍

Personally, I believe there will be an Everton beyond this board. Unfortunately I don't think it will be soon and it's probably going to get worse before it gets better.
This club has always been about its fan base and as long as we're here, there will always be an Everton.
So buckle up folks, and endure the ride

If we call ourselves "Everton 2", there's always a chance some dotty secretary will mistake it for the number of goals we've scored.

Thus we will get three points if we concede less than twice..... so we're STILL screwed I guess :(

I know you think that I shouldn't still love you or tell you that
But if I didn't say it, well, I'd still have felt it
Where's the sense in that?
I promise I'm not trying to make your life harder
Or return to where we were
But I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be
I know I left too much mess and destruction to come back again
And I caused nothing but trouble
I understand if you can't talk to me again