Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly rather play Davies than Schneiderlin, that team will struggle to win today I fear.
Apart from Iwobi no-one in our team who can hold onto the ball, most want shut of it pronto. This is gonna be scrappy and they are playing 4 ‘strikers’ so will score for sure v Keane and Mina. Bernard for DCL and Richy I’m at CF would work better

I’d expect it’s because he will ask DCL to stretch their defence with his pace, movement and ability to hold up the ball. He needs to step up today.
I just hope he scores the first half decent chance that comes his way. Otherwise you know what will happen in here.

In a weird way being let down by team selection gives me a bit of hope because of it was all going too well, chance to go joint second can't complain about team all rosey. That's usually when you get Ev all over your face.

I would be more optimistic if we played one of the U23's instead of the crab.
We must be going all out attack because we aren't going to hit them on the break with him playing.

Speaking as one of thise “older supporters” I take exception to that comment.

We were there in the 1970s through to 1984 when we won sod all and had to watch the RS sweep all before them.

We were as young as you are now when Johnson ushered in the quarter century of “mediocrity and bottling” you seem to think only irks younger fans.

In short, we have seen more mediocrity and bottling than you have.....we have had our hearts broken by this club more often than you have.

But never once has this particular Blue found it difficult to “keep the faith”.

This is is my club, my passion....just as it is yours and just as as it is every bugger reading this rant, young or old.

But do not for one moment think us “older fans” feel the frustration any less than you do.

At least you have time on your side and should live long enough to see a great or successful Everton team arise again......the most we can hope for is one last hurrah at Wembley and the chance to see a game in Bramley Moor :)

Mate I would take 15 consecutive years of 11th placed finishes if it meant seeing us win a League Title never mind multiple ones and domestic/european trophies.

You arl arses don't know you're born lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.