Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize at times last season DCL was very useful as an outlet and good at pestering CBs but the evidence this season is we are a more dangerous side with Kean. To me there was no reason to change the attack.

You dont get the space at Bournemouth to stretch in behind, its a tight pitch, you need a CF to hold it up and bring the wingers/no10 into play. Thats why DCL starts! Not sure on Schneiderlin tho, its a nevative change bringing him for Gomes. Dont think we need two holding players
This would make sense if DCL was clearly better at hold up play than Kean but I'm not really sure that he is.

Why don't we have any youth pushing the likes of schneiderlin and DCL. Looking at Chelsea a bit enviously with their young and hungry players versus our apparent limited choice of first team players, some of whom you have to question how much they 'want it' in the way that your Abrahams and your Tomoris do.

Im not questioning how much of an Evertonian I am - win lose or draw I love this club, I never had the choice who to support as my Dad took me to GP week in week out from a very early age.

Beleive me growing up in the 90's if I had a choice I certainly wouldnt have picked supporting Everton if I didnt have a bond with this club!

As I say mate I'll leave it there but your post comes across exactly as I pointed out - as an older supporter you just dont get how hard it is at times keeping the faith and being glass half full when all you've seen is mediocrity and bottling.

Its like a baby boomer in a 4 bed detached house scoffing at youngsters renting until their 40 - you just dont get it.

Speaking as one of thise “older supporters” I take exception to that comment.

We were there in the 1970s through to 1984 when we won sod all and had to watch the RS sweep all before them.

We were as young as you are now when Johnson ushered in the quarter century of “mediocrity and bottling” you seem to think only irks younger fans.

In short, we have seen more mediocrity and bottling than you have.....we have had our hearts broken by this club more often than you have.

But never once has this particular Blue found it difficult to “keep the faith”.

This is is my club, my passion....just as it is yours and just as as it is every bugger reading this rant, young or old.

But do not for one moment think us “older fans” feel the frustration any less than you do.

At least you have time on your side and should live long enough to see a great or successful Everton team arise again......the most we can hope for is one last hurrah at Wembley and the chance to see a game in Bramley Moor :)

DCL's getting a good warm up in anyway....

giphy.gif
You're on a roll kidda lol

I can’t believe that
I can’t believe he keeps starting, i looked back at some goals we have scored over the last few years, he’s always there celebrating. Perhaps Silva is hoping he will come good like Abraham has at Chelsea, the difference is he always looked like he could score goals, unfortunately for us DCL looks like he will never score.

Status
Not open for further replies.