Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to show the same kind of confidence on the ball away from Goodison that we typically show there. Hopefully Iwobi and Delph can be players who keep their level away from home. That's the difference in this season being ok and really exciting.

Complete and utter bollocks. Despite your protestations, I still don't feel you are a committed blue. You write well most of the time,but there is an underlying negativity which I hope, and don't expect, carries on into your real life. The only thing that changes when you get older is that a little bitter of realism creeps into your support for the best club in the world. And take it from me...I'm approaching 79 and have supported Everton since I was 6 years old. The whole of life, including supporting your club, is a roller coaster,with an up for every down,and the only certainty on the roller coaster of life is that you finish exactly were you started. Being an Evertonian has opened doors for me, but closed others.Its elated me beyond almost everything, and has made me understand disappointment, and handle it well. But there is ALWAYS the next game, and the expectation,sometimes fulfilled, sometimes not. Being an Evertonian is one of the greatest gifts you can possess,and throughout your life you gradually learn how much it means. My advice to younger Evertonians..NEVER let it go, it will ensure that your life travels in the right direction.

Easy to say Steve when you've seen us win league titles, trophies, doing the double, smashing the RS etc. You have had your fair share of ups to counterbalance the downs so you can have no complaints in fairness mate.

As I said alot of older fans havent a clue how difficult it is for the younger fans who travel home and away yet their greatest living memory is probably an FA Cup final DEFEAT. You say there has been ups and downs - where are the ups for those not old enough to remember 95? The only ones I can think of are league matches in isolation i.e the 3-0 Derby win which ultimately counts for little in the grand scheme of things.

If I had seen all the great things you have over the years I would have hopes that the wheel may turn in our favour alas all I've seen is mediocrity, derby hammerings, no trophies, cup semi and final defeats and bottlejobs whilst Red friends and family rub in trophies and CL wins - so yes I do get frustrated when this club takes alot of my life up when you go home and away as it does for alot of people on here.

Easy to say Steve when you've seen us win league titles, trophies, doing the double, smashing the RS etc. You have had your fair share of ups to counterbalance the downs so you can have no complaints in fairness mate.

As I said alot of older fans havent a clue how difficult it is for the younger fans who travel home and away yet their greatest living memory is probably an FA Cup final DEFEAT. You say there has been ups and downs - where are the ups for those not old enough to remember 95? The only ones I can think of are league matches in isolation i.e the 3-0 Derby win which ultimately counts for little in the grand scheme of things.

If I had seen all the great things you have over the years I would have hopes that the wheel may turn in our favour alas all I've seen is mediocrity, derby hammerings, no trophies, cup semi and final defeats and bottlejobs whilst Red friends and family rub in trophies and CL wins - so yes I do get frustrated when this club takes alot of my life up when you go home and away as it does for alot of people on here.

It takes a very self-obsessed poster to think their point is so important that they have to spam the forum with various versions of it across various threads on a daily basis.

At least posters like Butters have the *decency* to show their true bellendery after some time and get a ban.

On topic. I fear we are in for a 0-0 today. Dunno why

There you go again. You miss the whole point of my post. If you were a fully committed Evertonian you would understand it. Younger Evertonians who are real Evertonians will know what I mean. I listened to the Norman Whiteside Cup Final with a group of United fans, on the beach in Torremolinos were we were selling timeshare for our sins, and the result was the wrong result for me, but you know something? I had the gift of being an Evertonian and that gave me something none of those United fans could never have...being someone very special,a special that would last a life time. I'm not being malicious here(mods take note) but you might have chosen Everton as your club, but you're a long way from being full on Evertonian. Just get your head around the fact that its not just 'Happy to win-Sad to lose'...its far bigger than that. I expect us to win today...but if we don't it won't make me question how much of an Evertonian I am.

Mate, football ultimately counts for nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.