Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you even like Everton? All pissyeyes all the time.

I just have high expectations of this club - if we lose today some just shrug their shoulders and move on to the next game - for me it ruins my day and will have me annoyed all tomorrow in work.

Maybe when I become 50 year+ arl arse like I imagine a few posters are on here (no offence intended) my passion for EFC will mellow out but believe me never properly seeing us win a trophy (relatively young when we won in 95) I would have honestly jibbed footie off and brought my young lad up watching Rugby if I didn't love this club as much as I do.

I just want to be shocked every now and again - its okay for some who have lived through the good times and seen us win trophies, have boss players - all I've known is Peter Johnson, the 90's, Bill Kenwright and the last few years of garbage.

So yes it annoys me when the older generation of fans question my love for the club - the older lads dont know how bloody lucky they are!

I just have high expectations of this club - if we lose today some just shrug their shoulders and move on to the next game - for me it ruins my day and will have me annoyed all tomorrow in work.

Maybe when I become 50 year+ arl arse like I imagine a few posters are on here (no offence intended) my passion for EFC will mellow out but believe me never properly seeing us win a trophy (relatively young when we won in 95) I would have honestly jibbed footie off and brought my young lad up watching Rugby if I didn't love this club as much as I do.

I just want to be shocked every now and again - its okay for some who have lived through the good times and seen win trophies, have boss players - all I've known is Peter Johnson, the 90's, Bill Kenwright and the last few years of garbage.

So yes it annoys me when the older generation of fans question my love for the club - the older lads dont know how bloody lucky they are!
When you are over 50 doesn't mean you aren't fanatical ,I to am a bear with a sore head when we don't play well never mind lose ,I eat drink and sleep Everton as can be seen by the times I post on here .Because I have seen the good times I want them even more as I know what we are missing .There is nothing like coming home from the game after we have won a trophy -you float ,with a smile that needs a hospital visit to remove .

When you are over 50 doesn't mean you aren't fanatical ,I to am a bear with a sore head when we don't play well never mind lose ,I eat drink and sleep Everton as can be seen by the times I post on here .Because I have seen the good times I want them even more as I know what we are missing .There is nothing like coming home from the game after we have won a trophy -you float ,with a smile that needs a hospital visit to remove .

I wouldn't know mate and my young lad likely never will (he's not even seen us win a derby game I dont think).

Not saying you older lads aint passionate but I would say from experience of away games the older you get the less it starts to matter (or maybe other things in life take up just as much importance IDK).

We all want Everton to do well - I just think alot of older fans in our fanbase forget there is a large number of supporters out there who havent seen us win stuff or seen any good times or even a derby win - there will always be frustration when all they've seen is the same cock ups and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Anyway lets hope todays a day they shock us! COYB

We have a defeatist culture that runs through the club which Moshiri hasnt been able to shift yet - the players need to start showing they are good enough to wear the Royal Blue shirt and that starts today

COYB

Complete and utter bollocks. Despite your protestations, I still don't feel you are a committed blue. You write well most of the time,but there is an underlying negativity which I hope, and don't expect, carries on into your real life. The only thing that changes when you get older is that a little bitter of realism creeps into your support for the best club in the world. And take it from me...I'm approaching 79 and have supported Everton since I was 6 years old. The whole of life, including supporting your club, is a roller coaster,with an up for every down,and the only certainty on the roller coaster of life is that you finish exactly were you started. Being an Evertonian has opened doors for me, but closed others.Its elated me beyond almost everything, and has made me understand disappointment, and handle it well. But there is ALWAYS the next game, and the expectation,sometimes fulfilled, sometimes not. Being an Evertonian is one of the greatest gifts you can possess,and throughout your life you gradually learn how much it means. My advice to younger Evertonians..NEVER let it go, it will ensure that your life travels in the right direction.

Last edited:

I just want to be shocked every now and again - its okay for some who have lived through the good times and seen us win trophies, have boss players - all I've known is Peter Johnson, the 90's, Bill Kenwright and the last few years of garbage.

Mate the older fans, myself included, have lived through the same years of dross you mention. We suffer the same frustration and want trophies too.

It's just that as you become an auld arse you realise there are more important things on the planet than a footie result to drain your withering energies.

Oh and time as an everton fan finally breaks you.

Complete and utter bollocks. Despite your protestations, I still don't feel you are a committed blue. You write well most of the time,but there is an underlying negativity which I hope, and don't expect, carries on into your real life. The only thing that changes when you get older is that a little bitter of realism creeps into your support for the best club in the world. And take it from me...I'm approaching 79 and have supported Everton since I was 6 years old. The whole of life, including supporting your club, is a roller coaster,with an up for every down,and the only certainty on the roller coaster of life is that you finish exactly were you started. Being an Evertonian has opened doors for me, but closed others.Its elated me beyond almost everything, and has made me understand disappointment, and handle it well. But there is ALWAYS the next game, and the expectation,sometimes fulfilled, sometimes not. Being an Evertonian is one of the greatest gifts you can possess,and throughout your life you gradually learn how much it means. My adivice to younger Evertonians..NEVER let it go, it will ensure that your life travels in the right direction.
Brilliant post that

Status
Not open for further replies.