Adrien Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

sotnas

Player Valuation: £10m
David Moyes went personally to Portugal to watch this lad.

He's on loan to Académica from Sporting and is having one fine season.

On today's newpapers Sporting is keen on opening talks for a move.

Any news of this over there in the UK?

also, isn't he a defensive midfielder?

we'll definitely sign him then

Nar he's not a defensive mid, he's more a Moutinho type player. Supposedly highly rated a couple of years ago but clearly must of lost his way or not come on as expected, as to why he's out on loan.

He might have a 20m Euros release clause but i doubt thats what it would take to sign him. I did read a while back that the likes of Sporting, Benifca and a couple of other Portuguese clubs were interested in Joao Silva after he supposedly impressed on his previous loan spell and the early part of the one he's on now so maybe Moyesy is thinking of offering a swap deal to Sporting?.

Would make sense with Silva only having a year left on his deal after this season and i cant see us giving him a chance to prove himself and i think he's on loan in Portugal to be put in the shop window over there so maybe we could do a swap?.

Adrien was seen as big hope for the future.

He was even wanted by Chelsea, when he was 16. He decided to stay because he thought he would have a better chance to develop staying.

He was part of the first team squad when he was 18. He was loaned last season to have first team football. He was sent to Israel but returned to Portugal in January to play for Academica. He got injured, but the club wanted to keep him for the new season.

He played a few matches for Sporting as an anchorman. In the U21 he was always a center midfield with a good passing range and good vision.

This season he has been used between being a pure center midfielder and an offensive midfielder. He has banged a lot of goals this season. He has a goal ratio near 1 goal every 2 matches. Which is massive for a midfielder.

I was hoping he would return next season to be a full member of the squad.

But it seems Sporting is keen on selling and the transfer won't reach the release clause or anything like it.

João Silva has ended last season in fashion and had a great start of season, banging some vital goals. Scored 3 in his first 6 matches.

Lately he has been used as a substitute.

You can watch his stats in here: http://www.zerozero.pt/jogador.php?epoca_id=141&id=108429&op=zoomstats&tpstats=club

If he is a play maker and Sporting are willing to part with him for little money then we should go for him. It is strange that we are looking at another CM but it beats having Neville in the midfield and we desperately need some creativity in the middle. If we are taking a serious interest as implied by Moyes visit, then I can only think we are offloading a player. Rodwell or Bily? Cahill?

I like Liga Sagres from the little I've seen. I'm surprised there are not more Portuguese players in the Premier League. I wouldn't mind seeing Joao and Adrien in blue next season. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.