2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

Half everything there and we wouldnt be in the mess we are. He should be going from 50k max to maybe 60k. As should have all those before him. We're giving out Champions league level salaries while fighting relegation battles.

Can you see the madness.
Yes, but you also understand we can't go back in time?
What were you thinking the evening we all spent following live updates from the Titanic with Carlo, Jorge Mendes, Allan, Doucs and James?
We went all in on Ace high and its coming back to near destroy us, we are in a perilous financial position right now.
We have no bargaining power either with our current player contracts, or with clubs that are after our players. They can all see our hand.
Ordinarily as I said we don't extend Doucs, but beggars can't be choosers and we're selling the family silver to keep the lights on.

What were you thinking the evening we all spent following live updates from the Titanic with Carlo, Jorge Mendes, Allan, Doucs and James?
We went all in on Ace high and its coming back to near destroy us, we are in a perilous financial position right now.
We have no bargaining power either with our current player contracts, or with clubs that are after our players. They can all see our hand.
Ordinarily as I said we don't extend Doucs, but beggars can't be choosers and we're selling the family silver to keep the lights on.

Thats no reason to continue the madness.
We're continuing to just over pay mediocrity.
It has to stop.

Thats no reason to continue the madness.
We're continuing to just over pay mediocrity.
It has to stop.
So set out your alternative then.. we have a guy who's goals were a major reason we stayed up last year and is contributing again this season, tell me exactly how you think we should deal with this situation differently that will be positive for the club.

Reported, too many metaphors.

Half everything there and we wouldnt be in the mess we are. He should be going from 50k max to maybe 60k. As should have all those before him. We're giving out Champions league level salaries while fighting relegation battles.

Can you see the madness.
Not so sure about that any more tbh, think the whole landscape has moved on a bit.
The season Mosh opened the cheque book perhaps with Edam head in charge, but that’s 6-7 years ago now.
As with most of these salary discussions it’s all a bit speculative, but I think table isn’t too far off.
You only have to think what KDB or Mo Salad etc are on to know we’re aren’t paying top whack anymore.
That’s not to say some of ours aren’t over paid like!
IMG_5620.jpeg

Not so sure about that any more tbh, think the whole landscape has moved on a bit.
The season Mosh opened the cheque book perhaps with Edam head in charge, but that’s 6-7 years ago now.
As with most of these salary discussions it’s all a bit speculative, but I think table isn’t too far off.
You only have to think what KDB or Mo Salad etc are on to know we’re aren’t paying top whack anymore.
View attachment 233914

Salah and de bruyne are top table.
Im sure there are many players playing CL football that are not on 120k. And im pretty sure there are more talented players.

Its an interesting one. As we enter the pit of FFP with a possible points deductiion because of awful spending i am surprised at some of the views.

From the club who gave cenk tosun 100k a week for four years.

So set out your alternative then.. we have a guy who's goals were a major reason we stayed up last year and is contributing again this season, tell me exactly how you think we should deal with this situation differently that will be positive for the club.

Do you ever think over the full season the reason we're having to score goals late in the season to fight off relegation is because we're paying players 100k a week who cant string two passes together the rest of it.

Hope he is on 120k a week - though i doubt it, we wouldn't be a PL over the last two seasons without him and thats worth 100s of millions to the club.

No problem lads getting well paid if they are influencing, fair play to him.

I'm not his biggest fan and I'd like to see us play better technical players.

However it's difficult to think of a player who would be as effective in that position in a Dyche side that we could pick up on a free .

View attachment 233914
With Gomes and Dele contracts up at the end of the season, another 11m off a year, our wages to turnover should be a lot healthier

I like him, plus there’s a possibility of a transfer ban, so another 12 months isn’t an issue for me. At least he plays and puts the effort in unlike most of the other so called players we’ve signed since Mosh came in
Unless he gets dropped and then sits on the ball on the warm up and spits his dummy out