Transfer Rumour Abdoulaye Doucoure

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a mad thread. Just mad.

Gbamin is not coming here to be a backup CB. He's going to be a DM, holding or otherwise. He is not a CM. Please, please, please for the love of god stop with that nonsense. He was put there last season to accomodate Kunde and because Mainz sucked. They were TERRIBLE in possession. Gbamin could hold the ball a bit, that's what he was playing more advanced on the right. He's just good with the ball. In any legit side he's a DM.

Doucoure is not coming here to play as a 6. He RARELY played that role at Watford. Capoue played behind him. Sometimes as a pair, but almost always as an 8 in front of Capoue, who is more of a 6. He can play the position, but that's not where he's best.

I know we need goals, but our biggest issue is still central midfield. Gomes is a terrible defensive mid. He's lovely in the build up, he's critical to our team, not good enough without the ball. He can press high, but that's it. He's a turnstile, a post, he's too easily bypassed and is positionally clueless as a defensive mid. He DOES however have a prayer of settling in and being more productive in attack. There is some past evidence that he can do that.

So it's pretty simple - Doucoure/Gbamin behind Gomes, a true 4-3-3. Siggy can play one of the forward positions and rotate in with Bernard and Richy.

Doucoure/Gbamin would be awesome. It's what we've been missing for a LONG time. Gbamin can sit behind him or they can pair up as twin destroyers. Gomes can roam free. Doucoure and Gbamin can both support our FBs pushing high.

Kean, Siggy, Richy puts a lot of goal scorers closer to the net. Digne and Coleman attack wide, more aggressively supported by Doucoure and Gbamin. Gomes can roam free, push higher, Gbamin's distribution will help, Doucoure's ability to also carry the ball when teams try to mark Gomes will be key. Doucoure can also score.

Get another CB and that's a really good team.

Would I rather move for Sangare who is a lot cheaper? Sure. He's very similar to Doucoure. But this would dramatically improve and transform our squad.

This is a far more exciting signing than Zaha...if Gbamin is as good as expected then he and Doucoure could really dominate midfields.

Surprised we havent made a play for Sangare who would be under £30mil.

He's been up for sale for £60 million all summer and nobody has gone as far as expressing an interest. They may want to re-evaluate their valuation of him, or risk having an unhappy player for most of the season.

Has he been for sale?

Bitter gets are still upset about Marco Silva so there is no chance this will happen.

Like I said the fact they think there on the same level as us just goes to show how deluded a club they are.

Hope we don’t get mugged of by them and overpay for him, I’d rather over pay for Zaha then give these bitter clowns the time of day

We signed Richarlison after we got Silva mate so trust me, if we pay whatever price it is they are looking for we would get him and they would be more than happy to sell to us no problem at all

This is a far more exciting signing than Zaha...if Gbamin is as good as expected then he and Doucoure could really dominate midfields.

Sangare would be my choice, too, but with the other clubs slipping up, I understand making a stronger play now vs. later. Lot of risk, though.

Doucoure will change this team. He and Gbamin together will be too much for many teams to handle, including the big 6 sides. I like Siggy farther forward and/or subbing for Gomes. Still need goals, of course, but having better midfield play helps in that regard, too. It was embarrassing watching us get overrun at times and I LOVE the idea of not having to worry about Gomes defensive deficiencies.

We signed Richarlison after we got Silva mate so trust me, if we pay whatever price it is they are looking for we would get him and they would be more than happy to sell to us no problem at all
I think they sold us Richarlison because his form had dropped off markedly and he was clearly unhappy. As a consequence they sold him to us at price they thought was blatantly fleecing us, and many other commentators thought so at the time too. Happily they were very wrong.
Going in for Doucoure gives them a chance to play this game again. If they sell him at all it will be at a far higher price than he is worth.
And this time I think they may have the last laugh whichever way it falls.

I think they sold us Richarlison because his form had dropped off markedly and he was clearly unhappy. As a consequence they sold him to us at price they thought was blatantly fleecing us, and many other commentators thought so at the time too. Happily they were very wrong.
Going in for Doucoure gives them a chance to play this game again. If they sell him at all it will be at a far higher price than he is worth.
And this time I think they may have the last laugh whichever way it falls.

I think we should just buy Watford mate and close it down

really puzzled we want this guy after signing Gomes, Delph and Gbamin.
Also i can not see us just spending 40m on him, 65+ plus on Zaha and money on a CB unless it is also as loan. If ever you want the Echo to deny this bid it is NOW !.
Plus not too impressed by him whenever i have seen him

Has he been for sale?

They've been open to offers from sides in the CL by all accounts. So splitting hairs I suppose.

really puzzled we want this guy after signing Gomes, Delph and Gbamin.
Also i can not see us just spending 40m on him, 65+ plus on Zaha and money on a CB unless it is also as loan. If ever you want the Echo to deny this bid it is NOW !.
Plus not too impressed by him whenever i have seen him

We ain’t spending about 150 million on 3 players In two days. lol

Why not sign Franck Kessie instead? Milan want to get rid, he is younger and not sure he is any worse. Wolves are intersted in him...
Because he's nowhere near as good a player as Doucoure. Nowhere near. Dude, Kessie has been BAD. He looked better in the AFCON, but I can't figure out what he offers at this point.

Mate zaha is more needed than this feller.
Zaha would be amazing, no doubt.

But I'm with Zat. The second Gana left I thought we need to go big and revamp the midfield. We need goals, Kean helps with that, but this type of move can push Siggy up top to mix in with Bernard. It'll help. It'll free up Gomes to be more of the player he was at Valencia. Our pressure could be devasting and we would also have a much better attack from wide because you'd have two midfielders that can defend instead of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.