2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a bit cack and only going to get cacker. We should get rid if we can find someone stupid enough to sign him.

Doucoure improves or worsens the midfield?

I would opt for the latter

Man better not be starting games ahead of Onana, Iwobi and gana
He might not start, but with five subs, he is the perfect player to come on with 30 minutes to go.

Good teams have good squads, he will be very important and across the season.

In the Onana advanced role (with Gana in the 6), he is a terrific like for like replacement.

Doucoure improves or worsens the midfield?

I would opt for the latter

Man better not be starting games ahead of Onana, Iwobi and gana
I think Doucs' passing (to me) has always been pretty poor for a midfielder. And for someone who wants to play as box to box, his running into the box wasn't that great either. But I would keep him (1 year left in contract?) as our injury luck is pretty poor .

I think he excels at tackling and winning the ball back. I would like him to focus on that aspect of his game and I think he would be a cracking player for us even at 30. Five Subs now and if everyone is fit, he is a great option to use to close games or even to add some physicality to the midfield area.

….there’s little doubt he’s dropping down the pecking order but I actually get the impression Lampard likes his energy and running power. He has powers of recovery and has always been more about what he does without the ball than with it.

We’ll know more about his ranking in the pecking order when we see more of Garner.
A couple of injuries and he’s right back in contention. He was the only legs we had in midfield last year and I can’t see Lampard looking to cash in just yet.

….there’s little doubt he’s dropping down the pecking order but I actually get the impression Lampard likes his energy and running power. He has powers of recovery and has always been more about what he does without the ball than with it.

We’ll know more about his ranking in the pecking order when we see more of Garner.
What I like about are midfield options is we can rotate in matches. Let’s say iwobi, gana and onana are first choice 3 midfielders, for 60 mins they can press hard, make runs be aggressive with all that energy. After 60-70 mins you can then bring on the likes garner, douncs, Davies even Allan for etc. To keep the midfield fresh, it’s just nice to finally have options in the middle.

With some injury luck he'll have started his last match for us
That's unnecessary.

The recent recruitment drive has pushed Doucoure down the pecking order. Gana, Onana, Iwobi would probably be most people's starting trio in midfield for the next game, and we'll see what Garner has to offer soon enough too.

At best Doucoure is now 4th choice - if Garner performs well then The Duke drops to 5th choice. There's no need to wish an injury on him.

That's unnecessary.

The recent recruitment drive has pushed Doucoure down the pecking order. Gana, Onana, Iwobi would probably be most people's starting trio in midfield for the next game, and we'll see what Garner has to offer soon enough too.

At best Doucoure is now 4th choice - if Garner performs well then The Duke drops to 5th choice. There's no need to wish an injury on him.
Hes saying with some injury luck we won't need to start our 5th/6th choice centre mid again

Status
Not open for further replies.