2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is 100% certain that Everton will trigger the one year extension to his contract. I think Dyche will want him to stay and play for him.

Doucoure and his agent may see this as one last opportunity to get a big signing on fee and contract somewhere else and this is probably his last opportunity to do so and he may ask to leave for that reason.

He's been very good under Dyche. The club has an option of a contract extension and I am sure they will opt to activate that. We'll be offloading in one way or another Alli and Gomes, and Davies will surely be released. Doucoure, Garner, Gueye and Onana are very good midfield options, but we really do need more out wide, and of course additional striking options.

He's been very good under Dyche. The club has an option of a contract extension and I am sure they will opt to activate that. We'll be offloading in one way or another Alli and Gomes, and Davies will surely be released. Doucoure, Garner, Gueye and Onana are very good midfield options, but we really do need more out wide, and of course additional striking options.
Doucoure is going to be looking for that final payday contract and we simply can't afford to give it to him imo. Also that midfield is quite limited when you look at it, it's very defensive and Gueye really should be a bench option as his legs have gone. Also if you want to keep it like that then you need to replace Iwobi with some sort of wide playmaker type or if we keep him then we need a more attacking player in the central positions.

You think Doucoure is a better defensive midfield player than Onana? Wild take.
Onana is maybe beter prospect. Doucs is proven Premiership player. Real powerhorse, something what Onana don't have. Too soft occasionally, don't think he would score that second goal vs Brighton as Doucs did.

Onana is maybe beter prospect. Doucs is proven Premiership player. Real powerhorse, something what Onana don't have. Too soft occasionally, don't think he would score that second goal vs Brighton as Doucs did.

They play in different positions and have different roles.

Doucoure could only dream of playing the pass for the 5th.

I think it is 100% certain that Everton will trigger the one year extension to his contract. I think Dyche will want him to stay and play for him.

Doucoure and his agent may see this as one last opportunity to get a big signing on fee and contract somewhere else and this is probably his last opportunity to do so and he may ask to leave for that reason.
Hope that's it
Be typical BK to organise a teary eyed 4 year contract extension
Needs to do it consistently for another year imo
Definitely been quality since Dyche though except for when he shot 'arry Kane RIP

Doucoure is going to be looking for that final payday contract and we simply can't afford to give it to him imo. Also that midfield is quite limited when you look at it, it's very defensive and Gueye really should be a bench option as his legs have gone. Also if you want to keep it like that then you need to replace Iwobi with some sort of wide playmaker type or if we keep him then we need a more attacking player in the central positions.
Yeah very true. I reckon he would easily waltz into a contract with a Middle Eastern club on several hundred thousands a week, which you can't really say no to. I read recently that that Ighalo fella that used to play for Watford and United is pocketing about 300k a week out there, and Lloris has an option to go and earn the same. Sheer madness, Alli will probably end up there too.

Yeah very true. I reckon he would easily waltz into a contract with a Middle Eastern club on several hundred thousands a week, which you can't really say no to. I read recently that that Ighalo fella that used to play for Watford and United is pocketing about 300k a week out there, and Lloris has an option to go and earn the same. Sheer madness, Alli will probably end up there too.
Price gouging Oil giants showing why the STOP OIL lad was spot on

He played his best football playing off the striker at Watford - clearly getting the most out of him by doing the same here.

Would be happy for him to stick around for another season, whether we stay up or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.