2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is probably where we are at sadly. You are right he prob is more a sean dyche player. Im not sure thats anything to celebrate though. Im gona put it all on hold as everything right now is about staying up.
The longer term issue of having a player or players who struggle to weight a pass or control it will come up again. But we might have already gave them a bumper contract by then.
Everton making the same mistakes over and over again.

I think Doucoure staying will all depend on whether Onana goes.
Rumours already that Utd want Onana. I doubt we'll have both at end of season.
Totally right about his passing game being an issue in the longer term.

I feel that there are more pressing problems in other positions and Doucoure is playing a lot better with Dyche in charge. He does things that no other player in the team does provides a physical presence, is able to motor between boxes and can score a few goals. I understand we have an option to extend for another season so it seems a low risk option to do just that; extend his contract.

I feel that there are more pressing problems in other positions and Doucoure is playing a lot better with Dyche in charge. He does things that no other player in the team does provides a physical presence, is able to motor between boxes and can score a few goals. I understand we have an option to extend for another season so it seems a low risk option to do just that; extend his contract.

this

I think also, we need to avoid what we have done over the past 18 months....as in bar Iwobi, Pickford & Doucoure....we have pretty much changed our entire starting xi.
We cant go buying 7-8 new players in the summer, so having to unecesarily replace doucoure seems counter productive

If we avoid the drop, we can't afford to let him go as that then requires a replacement, we have other priorities and there's no guarantees anyone else comes in more suitable. He's the easiest option.

Status
Not open for further replies.