2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very bright and positive in the first half.. seemed to have lead weights in his boots in the second.

He didn't even have international duty? Weird.
Screenshot_2020-11-22-18-06-47-95.jpg

Thought he was much better as CM in a back 5.

Meant he wasn’t as isolated defending James side. Much better in a pair and having freedom to box to box.

Having more freedom allows him to ghost into the box, we are dying for goal scoring midfielders, and he can be the one.

Expect him to kick

we need gbamin to hopefully slot next to Allan

which would

He did exactly what I wanted him to do yesterday. Get into the box late and get on the end of something. No reason he can't be a goal threat with late runs.

It was the type of goal I haven't seen from an Everton midfielder since Fellaini left, really.

The good thing with the system yesterday is that, in the first half, it gave Doucoure the freedom to push up.

Second half they all sat far too deep but he actually did well defensively.

He needs to be more switched on at times but that's a communication issue through the whole team.

No reason Doucoure can't get 5 goals this season, and as many assists - like the one we saw against Brighton.

The lad has talent and plenty of power.

We don't look fit as a team though. Him and Allan clearly have a lot of natural stamina but that's different to looking fit in a footy match. I do worry about that on the whole

Good goal but to be honest I’m still waiting to see this driving box to box midfielder we bought. His first instinct always seems to be to go sideways and back, there were a few opportunities where space opened up for him to drive into and he couldn’t wait to do a 180 degree pirouette and go back the other way. Don’t know if that’s his normal game or the Everton midfielder plague infecting him.

He did exactly what I wanted him to do yesterday. Get into the box late and get on the end of something. No reason he can't be a goal threat with late runs.

Thats exactly how i hope him and Allan play. Allan sitting and stopping any attacks building against us and doucoure joining in with attacks when he can.
Thought allan did exactly that and if doucoure can chip in like that then we'll prob win more than we'll lose.

Can't believe people writing him off on here already. Bewildering.

Didn't look great second half yesterday but they had more numbers in midfield so was always going to be chasing shadows to an extent. Put that down to tactics, surrendered to a 5-4-1 low block to protect the points.

Good goal but to be honest I’m still waiting to see this driving box to box midfielder we bought. His first instinct always seems to be to go sideways and back, there were a few opportunities where space opened up for him to drive into and he couldn’t wait to do a 180 degree pirouette and go back the other way. Don’t know if that’s his normal game or the Everton midfielder plague infecting him.

I suspect he's told to cover Rodriguez.

Hard to know whether we're containing him.

I suspect he's told to cover Rodriguez.

Hard to know whether we're containing him.
He mentioned in the Athletic article that he is told to cover James.

Which is another reason I like James centrally - not only does he get involved more but he is easier to cover for the likes of Doucoure.

All contingent on Iwobi continuing the good form from RWB/us getting a similar player to Richie on the RHS.

A few times I have seen him run with the ball to the half way line then look for a pass. I am assuming managers instructions to cover for James but hopefully with a fit Gbamin he will get forward a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.