2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.

This might sound daft but I’m happy he’s French. I think having a fellow compatriot around the place will be good for Digne. He’s going to be like A Train up and down that pitch, bursting spurs defenders as he powers through them. Well that’s what it feels he’s going to be like after watching our midfield for the past couple of seasons

While Rodríguez is easily the marquee signing, I'm more excited to see what Doucouré and Allan will bring to the midfield in terms of fight and intensity.

I'm looking forward to us (hopefully) winning the ball more, turning over possession, moving the ball quickly and getting further up the pitch: he'll be key to this.

Again, hopefully our front line will have more opportunities either on the break or with a midfield who actually controls the ball.

While Rodríguez is easily the marquee signing, I'm more excited to see what Doucouré and Allan will bring to the midfield in terms of fight and intensity.

I'm looking forward to us (hopefully) winning the ball more, turning over possession, moving the ball quickly and getting further up the pitch: he'll be key to this.

Again, hopefully our front line will have more opportunities either on the break or with a midfield who actually controls the ball.

I think no questions asked if you added Allan and Doucoure to last seasons team they’d have had a far bigger impact then just adding James to it. Hopefully Allan and Doucoure give James the freedom to do what he does best and create. Having a much more competitive midfield will help us see if our defence and attack players really did just need a midfield to concentrate on their own roles or if they’re even good enough to begin with. I suspect some players will fall one catagory and some the other. It’s like Trump said, you keep looking for COVID and you’ll keep finding it. I suspect even with the additions we’ve made we'll reach a point we realise other players aren’t fit for purpose

I think no questions asked if you added Allan and Doucoure to last seasons team they’d have had a far bigger impact then just adding James to it. Hopefully Allan and Doucoure give James the freedom to do what he does best and create. Having a much more competitive midfield will help us see if our defence and attack players really did just need a midfield to concentrate on their own roles or if they’re even good enough to begin with. I suspect some players will fall one catagory and some the other. It’s like Trump said, you keep looking for COVID and you’ll keep finding it. I suspect even with the additions we’ve made we'll reach a point we realise other players aren’t fit for purpose
Aye, yet again hopefully, even just for the short-term, there'll be players who step up a level because of the players around them and the impact they give.*

I'm hoping Gomes will thrive with quality beside him and let him focus on his passing and creativity rather than so often being out-muscled, out-run and out-played.

Even the likes of Walcott, if he gets a game, should get more oppertunties to break and run as we won't need to be as compact, narrow and turgidly slow.

*Let's think positive.

If he continues like he did first part of last season, he’d be the first name on the team sheet every week (at the same time as Allan)

Status
Not open for further replies.