2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I take into account both sides of the ball and the tactical side of the game, he looked like the best player out there. Having players like Richy and Doucore playing such a big part in attack and defense and working that hard is the stuff we have been crying out for. That is how you win those games.
Both sides of the ball? Chris Kamara would be proud of you Osama mate ;)

Doucouré really impressed me. I wasn't overly fussed about us signing him but what I saw against Spurs is exactly what we needed. Win the ball, go forward. Win the ball again, go forward. He sprints forward too meaning the opposing team are forced to track back rather than hold ground. It's these little wins all game long that means we have a more robust attack when we do go forward. It's only one game but the mentality is spot on & I really hope it continues.

Love this guy. Whenever he played Watdord I would check their team sheet to see if he was playing. Always gutted if he was, because he would embarrass our midfield apart. Great signing.
In fairness Chris, I would have embarassed our midfield and I am 63 and only run with sweat!

Doucouré really impressed me. I wasn't overly fussed about us signing him but what I saw against Spurs is exactly what we needed. Win the ball, go forward. Win the ball again, go forward. He sprints forward too meaning the opposing team are forced to track back rather than hold ground. It's these little wins all game long that means we have a more robust attack when we do go forward. It's only one game but the mentality is spot on & I really hope it continues.

When we have spent a season watching the likes of iwobi never win the ball and never go forward with it he really was a breath of fresh air

When we have spent a season watching the likes of iwobi never win the ball and never go forward with it he really was a breath of fresh air
Just watching back that compilation of moments & you see him win the ball by getting in the mix quickly & get the ball to another player fast. Then as I said before, sprints forward straight line as soon as they receive it. It's so simple but so effective.

Love seeing how when he does pass it backward or sideways, he's just about always doing so where he's setting up an easier pass forward by the receiver, and he immediately moves to forward space for availability two passes down the line. I just couldn't believe what I was watching to see Everton playing like that, with all three of the new guys having that same mentality to combine with their quality.

Took up some good positions in the attacking box, felt like Richy should have played him in for one, and James mis hit shot, Doucoure was lurkin' just behind. Not sure he'll ever have Viera's mean streak though.

oh yeah don't get me wrong i am not saying he is the heir to the throne like, but all these people who have been the new viera over the years, none ever had the ability as well as being good defensive mids, but watching this lad, he seems to have a similar style of play

and I'm getting super-hype-hope-that-kills vibes from your comment. love it.

do we know anything other than this hahaha

nah as ive just said to someone else i don't literally mean on a par, i just mean the way he plays is similar in that he isn't just a big strong ox, he can play and covers ground really well

Status
Not open for further replies.