Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno.

I mean, yeah, in the real world he isn't. Just think for a midfielder with 16 PL goals and, IIRC, 12 assists in the past three seasons, it's probably the going rate. As crap as that sounds.

He gives us things we don't have. He got into the box more than any other midfielder in Europe's top five leagues last season, as an example.

He's very direct. Has a bit of pace about him and is a presence.

I'm on the fence. But he'd improve us so if the club can get it done then I'm happy.

Watford will make the fee sound higher, we'll make it sound lower. It'll be somewhere inbetween.

I get the reservations but if it's him and Allen then we're really making a step up on what we have. Again, appreciate - as you say - that's not hard to do.

'its the going rate'

like really? I get this logic to some extent but then surely you think Joan jordan to went to sevilla for cheaper and he is better obviously so shouldn't we pay less?

Fans have been brainwashed and try to defend their clubs when saying its the going rate.

Decent player but when you think about it, hes not going to do anything in Europa league so ur paying 30mil now to get into Europa, once in Europa, you'll need to buy someone else to replace him as he wont be good enough :/

No footballer is worth 30 million pound but that's the way it is,so as long we improve that's all that matters. He'll improve our midfield I truly believe this.
correct obviously no player is worth 30 million pound but you can get better for cheaper?
He'll improve it but good scouting can improve it with 5 million.

'its the going rate'

like really? I get this logic to some extent but then surely you think Joan jordan to went to sevilla for cheaper and he is better obviously so shouldn't we pay less?

Fans have been brainwashed and try to defend their clubs when saying its the going rate.

Decent player but when you think about it, hes not going to do anything in Europa league so ur paying 30mil now to get into Europa, once in Europa, you'll need to buy someone else to replace him as he wont be good enough :/
Was it a package holiday Ste?

At least at 30 million, even 25, we won’t have any other club coming in and scuppering the deal. Thinking about it logically, we only actually get players, that we’ve heard of, if we ridiculously overpay.....

Our scouting is obviously crap ha,but I see what you're saying.
not yourself but i personally think fans have been brainwashed into thinking these are the 'going rates' for players

people all them years ago defended bolasie, sigurdsson (45 MILLION)
its not just everton fans who do it, its english PL fans in general

It's a lazy signing yeah we could do a lot better for our moneys worth but it gives us a solid base to work with Allan and gives us a bit of physical presence and someone who steams forward, Think it will work out if we can get Allan though, JPG/Gomes and these two is something to work with considering we've been riding on Davies and Gylfi for the past season.

At least at 30 million, even 25, we won’t have any other club coming in and scuppering the deal. Thinking about it logically, we only actually get players, that we’ve heard of, if we ridiculously overpay.....
so why not scout and get better players for cheaper who no1 has heard of? or who no1 will take a gamble on?

so why not scout and get better players for cheaper who no1 has heard of? or who no1 will take a gamble on?
I agree mate. It’s just same old. I see no difference in the recruitment since Steve Walsh left. Overpaying for average premier league players. Taking yourself out of the Everton bubble, (I mean I’m happy were gonna sign a new player every time) it’s an OK signing. If west ham bought him for this amount of money, we wouldn’t be jealous right? We’d probably think, you should be able to get better than him for that money. And that statement is resonating in everyone’s minds....

'its the going rate'

You're comparing apples and oranges when it comes to LaLiga and Premier League though.

For one, there is a Premier League premium. Two, that exists because there's been plenty of 'Joan Jordans' who have come to the PL on a cheaper deal and not worked out. For every Kante, there's about 3-4 Sandros, and that's why the premium is there.

Jordan is obviously a good player but he isn't a goalscoring midfielder. Doucoure is.

Could he slot right in and doesn't have to adapt to a new league. Yes Tick that one off.

Does he add a big, physical presence to the midfield. Yes.

Does he have energy and a bit of pace/power. Yes.

Watford are in a weaker position as they've gone down and need to cash in. He wants to come.

We're going for Allan who genuinely is an excellent player - probably a step above anything else we have in midfield by some way (even Gomes at his best).

That's why he's rated at £30m by Napoli even at 29.

But there's always a risk he may take time to adapt (he shouldn't, as physically he's got all the ability to go into the Premier League and work straight away, plus he's played under Carlo, who is the only reason why we'd be able to attract him anyway).

But with Doucoure and Allan, we do have that mix coming in, as well as it being two different profiles of player.

As a club we aren't in a position to do what Liverpool did with Fabinho, for example, and give him 4 months to adapt to the pace of the Premier League. We need any player coming in to hit the ground running really, or our fans are right down the club and players' necks. Having Doucoure in as well at least gives that leeway, and also adds something we need from midfield - an attacking threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.