Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think had we not proven we are massively superior to Watford with the Silva and Richie deals, we would be signing him for around 20m

The Watford to Everton premium is becoming quite the thing

I am of course watching and waiting and being frandely and also patient and ready to STRIKE.

£28m for Doucoure. We must be absolutely insane.

It will like the Iwobi fume but worse. Iwobi has a lot of football hispters and stats guys on his side. It's hard to know who will be left to defend Doucoure.

He's not young. He pays for Watford. He's been relegated. He's costing a lot of money. There will be no sell on value. Recipe for mega fume.

Joking aside, I've liked him when I've seen him but doesn't make an awful lot of sense. I mean I can sort of see why you'd do it if we still had Silva, as he's worked with him (and the same for Allan re Ancelotti) but surely not at that price point?

I actually think Brands negotiates quite well, and has beena bit unlucky, but it doesn't strike me as prudent recruitment from him. We might get lucky, but all seems a bit odd.

I suspect the reason this is dragging on - and may continue to do so - is because we don't want to pay £30m

This lad isn't worth 20m in my opinion. Just an average Premier league player. Just because our current midfield options are so poor doesn't mean we should overpay on mediocre options. Happy to be proven wrong but I just think this is lazy recruitment.

This lad isn't worth 20m in my opinion. Just an average Premier league player. Just because our current midfield options are so poor doesn't mean we should overpay on mediocre options. Happy to be proven wrong but I just think this is lazy recruitment.

Dunno.

I mean, yeah, in the real world he isn't. Just think for a midfielder with 16 PL goals and, IIRC, 12 assists in the past three seasons, it's probably the going rate. As crap as that sounds.

He gives us things we don't have. He got into the box more than any other midfielder in Europe's top five leagues last season, as an example.

He's very direct. Has a bit of pace about him and is a presence.

I'm on the fence. But he'd improve us so if the club can get it done then I'm happy.

Watford will make the fee sound higher, we'll make it sound lower. It'll be somewhere inbetween.

I get the reservations but if it's him and Allen then we're really making a step up on what we have. Again, appreciate - as you say - that's not hard to do.

buddies it is v sad to see some celebrating being ripped off yet again as if this has not happened much in the past years. i know bumsnet is desperate for good news or any news but stop being gullible.

Dunno.

I mean, yeah, in the real world he isn't. Just think for a midfielder with 16 PL goals and, IIRC, 12 assists in the past three seasons, it's probably the going rate. As crap as that sounds.

He gives us things we don't have. He got into the box more than any other midfielder in Europe's top five leagues last season, as an example.

He's very direct. Has a bit of pace about him and is a presence.

I'm on the fence. But he'd improve us so if the club can get it done then I'm happy.

Watford will make the fee sound higher, we'll make it sound lower. It'll be somewhere inbetween.

I get the reservations but if it's him and Allen then we're really making a step up on what we have. Again, appreciate - as you say - that's not hard to do.

I think we definitely need 2 midfielders and then need to look move one on.

I've saw a lot of Doucoure because probably three quarters of the football i watch is premier league and I just think hes OK, nothing more. But maybe thats just where we are at. I just dont see why we are so reliant on premier league recruitment.

Allen looks good but I genuinely have seen him like twice so I really don't know much about him. On the face of it, he's the sort of signing I'd look to avoid. Close to 30 and quite expensive. But it seems like he's the managers choice so we need to get it done.

I dont think it takes much to improve our midfield, but the question will be how much do these 2 improve us, if we are going to sign them that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.