A Manchester City Fan with brains. There is hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number_25

Player Valuation: £50m
Bluemoon • View topic - What's happened to us?

RyantheBlue said:
Since when did we become such 'stuck up our own arses fans?'

Some of the predictions for the Everton game were beyond silly, and we showed little respect to 'em on the pitch either, acted like we'd walked 'em over.

Today was abysmal, but like, Everton isn't by any means the easiest place to go, and people were acting like we'd hammer 'em 5-0 or something!

We used to approach games like this with caution, as well as a bit of confidence, now it's just an un-needed expectancy to beat any team that's not 'the top 4' easily, home and away.

Also, what happened to the 'never say die' attitude we're so famous for? After the first goal went in I think we sang maybe 4 songs, 2 in reponse to 'you're the [Poor language removed] of Manchester'.

I'm not saying people have to sing if they don't wanna, but it's not like this is a trend, usually at 1-0 down we can behind the team and give it a right go, not today.

I expect abuse as always, tin hat is on.

That is a proper fan. Even when Everton loose we've been good enough to say that we were either outclassed or just unlucky instead of having ago at the fans.

We were just simply brilliant today, Manchester City have a fantastic future ahead of them and it was just nice to get a win over them.

That is all.

yeah to bloody right LOL

ive been banging the "proper city fans" drum for a while mate and its great that theres others but please dont go on that forum because i can guarentee for that one sensible city fan there will be hundreds shooting him down and calling him all sorts of words.

Every clubs the same, City have always had some of the most loyal fans around though.

THEY really do deserve success, but like every "big" team, they have a lot of cling-ons, my prediction is, City will win a trophy within the next year or so, think they are gods gift, the ticket prices will rocket up and the loyal, working class fans will be pushed out.

I find it hard to dislike City, they're very similar to ourselves plus i like their new manager and about 3 of their players ha

He's right though. A lot of them have become arrogant, and believe they are better than what they are. I've said it before and i'll say it again....They are a group of talented individual players, they are nowhere near a good team yet.

yeah to bloody right LOL

ive been banging the "proper city fans" drum for a while mate and its great that theres others but please dont go on that forum because i can guarentee for that one sensible city fan there will be hundreds shooting him down and calling him all sorts of words.

he was tellin it as it was..... genuine fan.. like his style..;)

One of the posts on the bottom of the first page made me laugh saying how we set out to play a physical game but if you look at the stats they had as many fouls as us if anything they got away with alot of fouls mainly by that knobjockey barry, but i think all man city fans have got [Poor language removed] in there eyes if they think lots of money makes instant success it helps along the way but its team spirit which was prooven yesterday we had and they havent got. They are a team full of individual players and not alot of team players which is why robinho was subbed after 50 mins on the pitch he did look interested in the match in fact it was only bellamy and tevez who looked slightly interested.

I was surprised at how many nice City fans I saw yesterday, there was a load in our boozer & while there was the standard pricks, it was a smaller percentage than I was expecting & I was speaking to a little group that were all sound

There was a shed load of them in weatherspoons in town singing songs such as " When Fergie dies we are having a party " I found this hilarious at first but when I actually thought about it I found it all slightly sad . I know we sometimes do ourselves no favours but some of stuff they were chanting went beyond the pale .

Every clubs the same, City have always had some of the most loyal fans around though.

THEY really do deserve success, but like every "big" team, they have a lot of cling-ons, my prediction is, City will win a trophy within the next year or so, think they are gods gift, the ticket prices will rocket up and the loyal, working class fans will be pushed out.

I find it hard to dislike City, they're very similar to ourselves plus i like their new manager and about 3 of their players ha

Yes to all that, John. I've great respect for the City fans who followed their team two divisions down.

To be honest every team has a fair share of good fans and [Poor language removed] ones I have cringed at some comments from our fans over the years although no one on here:p

Let's be clear about 2 things.

We can't really resent City what one presumes is their day in the sun (even if it hasn't happened yet) - and we'd all love a shitload of money for our manager to spend (wisely)- Citteh's problem is clearly they have had, and continue to have, owners who expect overnight success... it ain't gonna happen, and a manager (in Hughes) who was pretty cack. Obviously a smart management team would have tried to entice someone like Moyesie with promises of security and gold standard teamplayers not individuals with little or no loyalty to the cause - and not threatened him with the sack if he didn't deliver inside about one year*.

What we, the rest of the normal fan world (that is to say all bar the Expectant Gruesome Twosome (Man U, Chavs) and the Deluded Ones - RS), are always hoping for is a crack at the big time - or the really big time - depending on where your team stands today - With the notable exception of these 3 lots we can all cope with triumphs and disasters, because, by and large, we're in it for the long run..and of course we love to see the likes of these teams fall on their arses - Rafael and company take note..Pride comes before a Fall

Now, sadly, there is a deluded minority (at the moment a minority) of fairweather Man City fans, joining the bandwagon. You can't, as I say, be anything other than envious (as opposed to spiteful or hateful) towards the genuine Man City fans who have followed through thick and thin their teams trials and tribulations - all the way down to Level 3 "League Division One" as it is known today.

On the other hand, we, Everton fans, simply resent the way in which Hughes - came riding on his big fat Securic-horse with 4.8 million used fivers demanding the Lostcott's services. Frankly we were laughing all the way to the bank - but it doesn't excuse the arrogance with which the whole deal was conducted.

* You gotta love Moyes comments in the programme yesterday deriding City and "wishing Mancini well in his time in English football" - a clear dig at the City owners who are likely to discard him if he doesn't prove to be a magician!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.