A kopite's report

Status
Not open for further replies.

benditlikebainesy

Player Valuation: £750k
Just seen this report written by a kopite after yesterday: http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2011/10/top-win-but-rodwells-red-was-joke.html

Turns out not all of them are absolute pricks.

"Maybe it's just me but I find it difficult to take satisfaction from a victory that was built upon such a travesty of footballing justice.

What makes it worse is the reaction of the Liverpool players involved. Luis Suarez went down like he'd just been hit by a truck, and proceeded to writhe around like he was on the verge of death.

Then, a clearly angry Lucas (who obviously didn't have good angle on the tackle) did a Roy Keane and rabidly barged his way towards Atkinson, and had to be dragged away. Seriously, see 0:30 in the video, and tell me that Lucas wouldn't have bundled into the ref if he hadn't been pulled back by Charlie Adam.

So much for Kenny Dalglish's pledge to respect referees."

The red concerned is (or was) persona non grata amongst their internet hordes, IIRC.

On the way home yesterday on the train were a few reds and, to be fair, they said much the same about the red card and Suarez's reaction. You tend to get extreme views on t'interweb which don't reflect most peoples views, which is why he'll now be getting stick from some gobsh*tes.

Very good write up. Although the comments immediately reminded me that this fella is in the minority.

A lot of Kopites are complete arseholes, but a lot are suprisingly decent. They're generally just quieter, cause they get shouted down by all the rest of them.

Just spoken to my red cousin. Enjoyed the win, obviously, but thought Suarez was an embarrassment.

One the comments says that some Everton fans were putting their hand across their faces to represent a Hillsborough fence.

I was there and didn't see that...

Thread on our boards (not stated by me!) called "Hideous Decision." As well as launching into Atkinson's incompetence the words;
"Diving" "Cheating" "Little" "Shyte" and "Suarez" regularly appear.....although not always precisely in that order.

The author later posted this in the comments section:

"You see - this is precisely what I'm talking about: this is a prime example of the victim mentality that is being cultivated at the club, and the flames are being fanned by KD.

The idea that Everton's players and fans were deliberately 'doing everything to get our players sent off' is not true at all, and any fair-minded person can see that.

When the manager is constantly being defensive and acting like the world is against the team then that extends to the fans".

He is an example of a level headed RS fan, wish there were more like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.