A good summer for business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Dane

Player Valuation: £15m
Looking at the players that we are rumoured to be interested in - the realistic ones - I would be happy if the summer ended up with the following:

Manuel Fernandes - year loan
Phil Jagielka - £4 m.
Matt Taylor - £5 m.
Luke Young - £3 m.
Tommy Gravesen - free (my own addition to the list)

Beattie - Celtic £3 m.

There might even be money left for Nugent or Reo-Coker.

Why have a 451 when we have players like Anichebe and Vaughan just itching to score. I have yet to see Gravesen perform for his club like he does for his country.

He's a has been puppet, with Sivebeck pulling the strings.

Why have a 451 when we have players like Anichebe and Vaughan just itching to score. I have yet to see Gravesen perform for his club like he does for his country.

He's a has been puppet, with Sivebeck pulling the strings.

You are right regarding Sivebeck and although I'd welcome him back as a squad player we would only get after that git had offered him to all ensundry first. Unlike you Ghost I rated TG and still do, that said I loved to have been a fly on the wall at some of the clashes he's had with the poison dwarf Strachan, no holds barred I bet:p

Well, he's a pay check player. There is no coincidence that he played well when he was coming to contract time. The amount of times I saw him waste a last minute free kick.

I want players who want to play for the club, and are not interested in the money. I'm sure Wigan offered more money for Cars but he decided to show loyalty to the club and go for Europe next season. Do they really need £50,000+ a week? Who does?

Well, he's a pay check player. There is no coincidence that he played well when he was coming to contract time. The amount of times I saw him waste a last minute free kick.

I want players who want to play for the club, and are not interested in the money. I'm sure Wigan offered more money for Cars but he decided to show loyalty to the club and go for Europe next season. Do they really need £50,000+ a week? Who does?

have to agree to disagree there Ghost your feelings about Tommy aren't mine mate, never once saw that in him;)

Really? You never saw him take a free kick late in a game and hit it high wide and not very hansome? You can't tell me he was effective in every game he played? You also can't tell me that he went to Madrid to play in the CL, when we were in pole position to get there too, he went to Madrid to be a small fish in a big pond but get paid [Poor language removed] loads to sit on his arse.

Really? You never saw him take a free kick late in a game and hit it high wide and not very hansome? You can't tell me he was effective in every game he played? You also can't tell me that he went to Madrid to play in the CL, when we were in pole position to get there too, he went to Madrid to be a small fish in a big pond but get paid [Poor language removed] loads to sit on his arse.

Come on Ghost name games mate, I've seen Arteta waste crosses, fr5ee kicks galore but I wouldn't want to see him go. As for being paid [Poor language removed] loads in Madrid, surely you don't blame him for that, no player in our present squad would turn Madrid down would they. Lets agree to disagree

The difference is Arteta scores goals, sets up goals. I don't know about the rest of the squad, I just know that gravesen went to a club that didn't need him, he went for the money, same reason Parker went to a club that were not in Europe, money.

We sign players who are not in it for the money. Good players like Arteta, Yobo, Lescott, AJ, Carsley. All in it for the game.

We will agree to disagree, but i'm not the only one who thinks he's [Poor language removed].

I have to say I was never the most avid supporter of Tommo, but he was the best distributor of the football we had, and I'd say better than Arteta too. He put some awesome through balls for the forwards, was just a pity we had donkeys chasing them.

However, I'm still not sure he'd be the answer to our midfield, I'd much rather see Manny stay, given time, that lad will be well worth his weight in Euros!

If TG is that good, how come Madrid didn't want him and neither do Celtic. Not exactly a great pedigree of success.

We may as well get Ginola and Gazza back.

If TG is that good, how come Madrid didn't want him and neither do Celtic. Not exactly a great pedigree of success.

We may as well get Ginola and Gazza back.

C'mon they both wanted him, or they wouldn't have signed the guy - simple as that. As to why they are willing to sell him, we're in no position to answer that, we can make assumptions etc, but other than that it is all heresay.

Like I said, I was never an avid fan of the guy, nor think we should buy him!

Well I doubted his committment and I hated him, :)

Let that be an end to it, or i'm telling Garry! :)

He run's this site too doesn't he? I thought he was in charge of Earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.